Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New Member Introduction - Kate  (Read 193 times)

Offline KateTopic starter

New Member Introduction - Kate
« on: March 28, 2018, 06:56:51 am »
Hi, I joined earlier this week, but I used to be a member a long time ago. I was hoping to get back to using PI but I see that's no longer a thing (that's how long I've been away). Anyhoo, I've downloaded the Affinity Designer trial, and I'm having a poke around to see if I can get to grips with it.

Offline Teejay

Re: New Member Introduction - Kate
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 07:18:36 am »
if you liked your PI  this I believe is the nearest thing to it
but see for yourself
have a look around and jump in and play you were a member a member a while back so you know how it works
we LOVE questions

there are still some of the old crowd around
but pleased to meet you and i hope you like AD

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:20:43 am »
Welcome to PIRC Kate. Yes, PI bit the dust a few years ago now. It was then a Paint Shop Pro board for a while but PSP wasn't very popular.  Now it's an Affinity Designer and Affinity Board. I think you will like the software. Both have a lot to offer.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 12:26:05 pm »
Welcome back, Kate!!!   It HAS been a long time.  PI was discontinued 10 years ago!  Hard to believe.  As Sheryl said, we tried other platforms but just were not happy with them. 

Affinity Designer is in its infancy. It is still the first version so we're getting in on the ground floor and will learn as it grows.

We have a workshop here where you can jump in and give it a try or you might want to try the Do Over Workshop.  These are all projects that we did a year ago but have forgotten a lot of it so we're doing a refresher by re-doing the project.  We're only on project 9 so you can easily catch up.  There are also a bunch of tutorials a pircnet.com - beginner level and there are a zillion videos on the net.  Most of the videos were written by  MAC users because this program works on both platforms.

There are a lot of resources available to help you learn and of course, you always have help here.  The hardest thing  for most of us to do was, we kept trying to do it the way we did it in PI and it just doesn't work that way.  You sort of have to put PI out of the mind to be successful with AD. :yay: :yay:

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 02:07:24 pm »
Hi and welcome Kate I hope you like A D  it is a great program and doing vectors are so easy.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:42:59 pm »
hi di hi, welcome, and PI is still the best....lol
tj im waiting

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 01:09:25 am »
Get on that step joy... you know which one

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)