Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: A little help, please...grethe  (Read 565 times)

Offline Rege

Re: A little help, please...grethe
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 01:47:12 am »
Majse, I just did a test with Edge that I don't usually use.

The right click on an image opens a drop-down window and the option "Copy link" is present for me.

See the link I copied:

http://pirc-forum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=775350444130a568098592e3a224d02b&

EDIT

Apparently it is not the image that was copied, but the link to the forum, the banner was a bad example, I will try again with an image.

Offline Rege

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 01:57:46 am »
Nouvel essai avec une image (pas de problème pour les droits d'auteurs, c'est un de mes dessins).

https://postimg.org/image/49ch3aj9d/

J'ai oublié de poster dans mon message précédent la copie d'écran d'Edge, je la joins à celui-ci.

Offline Rege

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 02:38:41 am »
In the drop-down window, the "Save image under" option allows you to save the image on the disk and add it to a message later.

I hope I understood Majse's problem correctly and didn't answer the question.

Offline Majse

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 08:29:30 am »
Thanks Rege. If I understand correctly - I think I do  :look: - I can do it with pictures but not if the picture links to another website

But I can in Internet Explorer. There is 1) Copy - or 2) Copy shortcut. That can't be done in Edge. But I am glad I can with pictures without links in Edge  :yay:

Thanks to all - you have been very, very patient and helpful  :thanks02:

Offline Rege

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 09:53:35 am »
Majse, using the right click and "Save Image As" in Edge, it is possible to save the banner as an image (as in my reply at 02:38:41 am) without being redirected to the site in question.

Offline Majse

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 10:29:54 am »
Yes but I can't put it in here - between the img and img. It appears like this

I give up - I use internet Explorer instead. Soooo much easier  :look: :lol05: But a big thank you

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 11:59:12 pm »
Majse, are you using the right-click button?  There is definitely a "copy" option in Edge.  I am looking at it.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 01:44:21 am »

you are not alone Majse

i tried in edge  and  i right clicked 'copy' on  an image from my webpage 
then i clicked the icon (img)(img) but when i right clicked again  i did not have any Paste option available

so i went into FireFox it had a  'copy' and the' paste' but when i clicked paste nothing was pasted into the (img)(img)

there was a 'copy location' option in ff so i tried that and this is what i got below when pasted in

i then went again to edge to see if there was any other options other  than paste

there wasnt ...so i copied again in edge  and opened clipmate to see what i had copied from edge... i got a message
it said

The windows clipboard has data which Clipmate did not capture
the clipboard data may be invalid, or it may have been filtered by the Application Profile.
See the settings for (RUNTIMEBROKER)

wha... eh ... i have NO IDEA where or what is the runtime thingy is......

Offline GretheTopic starter

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 03:13:44 am »
But Teejay, can you use the clipboard in AD? I think you can, as I remember it.
I use EDGE (don't like it, but...) I rightclick the web-add, choose copy and then past it between the[ ] and [ ]

Offline Teejay

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 03:40:42 am »
yes the clipboard works perfectly  except in edge.
I can right clip copy  in edge
but when I try andright click  paste between the []Paste here [] nothing pastes.

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 04:25:25 am »
Must be a setting some place, as you mentioned.
Can you copy and past a webadd i.e. the desktop? I use that option when I want to save a youtube or other tutorials. BTW it was you that told me about that option!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 03:38:17 pm »
I wonder if we're talking about several different things here.  When I insert an image in Edge, I right-click on the image so I can find the link to the image.  I copy the link, not the image, then paste the link between the img tags. 

It sounds to me like you guys are trying to copy the image, then paste the image.  That doesn't work.

When it comes to Clipmate, yes, you can copy from clipmate and paste into AD or any other program. These are two totally different things.

In FireFox, you can right-click and copy the link location, then paste that and it works.  You can't post the image itself from the clipboard into the forum.  You have to post the link to the image.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 07:37:55 am »
I've suspended using Edge since the last update as it has caused several issues. One of which, is when I select Print I get a message saying cannot connect Printer to Network and to try again later. Never had this message before and is a common issue for many users right how, according to the net. MS are aware of it and they are working on an update/fix which will be out shortly. So I suspect all of what you mentioned here is due to problems with Edge v last update.

For now I am back to using IE and and can print merrily away without issues.

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:23 am »
True, Shez, and I suppose MS will come soon with a correction

Offline Majse

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:25 am »
THANK you Teejay - I was beginning to think I was crazy  :laugh1:

Yes MaryLou - I rightclick and when I do the link follows the picture and it ends up like this

I am with SherylC - back to basic  :look:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)