Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: A little help, please...grethe  (Read 780 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re: A little help, please...grethe
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 04:51:27 pm »
Majse, I just looked at the source code for your post and there is no linking information pasted. There are only the image tags.  You have to put your "paste" in between the img tags.   To get the img tags to show up, you click on the Insert Picture icon here on the board, the first icon in the second row.  You can't just copy and paste.   You can copy, click on the Insert Image button, then paste what you copied.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2018, 04:55:35 pm »
One thing about posting links using images from other sites:   DO NOT do that.  If it's your own site, you can but if it's NOT your web site, do NOT link to it.   The reason being - it takes THEIR bandwidth to show an image here.  That's called "stealing bandwidth".  Any images that are posted from a site that is not yours will be deleted.  We don't want to be accused of taking something that is not ours.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2018, 07:47:17 pm »
Hmmm, I do not have my own site MaryLou, but I pay a yearly fee to an image hosting site and that is what I have used for three or four of my images since the size requirements were changed here.  I use it for hosting sigs from another forum I visit. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 11:08:49 pm »
Linda, if you are paying for a hosting site and that's where you have your images, then you are using the bandwidth you pay for. That is perfectly okay and legal.

If you posted a link to something on Pintress or some other site that you do not pay for, then it's a no-no. Since you do have a hosting site, you could build a web page on it if you wanted.

If one links to an image they found on Google, that is not alright.

Offline Majse

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 05:10:08 am »
= Internet Explorer

= Edge

I used both browsers - nope Edge will not let me do it. As Teejay wrote

I did exactly the same in both browsers - pirc banner is on my website  :yay:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 12:10:38 pm »
   = edge

I don't know what you're doing different but I copied your link, then pasted it inbetween the img tags and it works just fine. :yay: :yay:

Offline Majse

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 12:18:55 pm »
Weird. But thanks again MaryLou. You have an angelís patience

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 12:47:26 pm »
Glad it is working for you Majse. I take it back about no issues using IE as it's been a nightmare to use today, crashing and freezing. Now I am having issues with my drawing tablet. Since the last update if I keep the tablet plugged into the USB, it removes text as I type, jumps all over the place and starts programmes up. I am fed up with computers and more so MS for doling out ropey updates!  There, I've had a moan! lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 12:50:10 pm »
My system got a Windows update last night - so far, all seems to be working well. :yes03:

Offline Majse

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2018, 06:46:09 am »
Why don't we go back to pen and paper - MaryLou wouldn't that be smart. A lot of letters  :laugh1:

No the digital world can be a pain - but I love it. It brings me together with people like you in this group  :yay: :yay:

I got an update too - and it works fine (for now!) - I hope you will get happy soon, SherylC  :look:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2018, 03:33:56 pm »
I could NEVER go back to pen and paper.  At one time, I had really lovely handwriting and even got a nice penmanship award.  However, my career killed all that.  In my years as a programmer, we had to print our code and make sure every letter was clear and clean because the keypunch operators punched your code into cards that were fed into the computer.  If you had one incorrect letter, it could cause your program to crash.  My printing was letter perfect. 

My handwriting suffered terribly from having printed for so many years. Then, when we got personal computers with keyboards, we didn't have much use for a pen or pencil and my printing now is almost unreadable.  I have typed on a computer keyboard since around the late 70's and it's become a way of life.  I seldom ever pick up a pen for anything.  My grocery list has a microphone so I speak that into my phone. Notes are all kept within a computer program. About the only time I write anything is once a month when I have to sign for my prescriptions or sign for a Visa card purchase.  The writing looks so foreign and doesn't even look like my name.

I remember the time when we had ink pens that you could refill with ink but at school, we had ink wells on our desks and a pen.  Then came out the incredible ball point pen which everyone said would never catch on because they didn't have a way to change the point whereas the pen had many different types of nibs that you could use depending on what type of writing you were doing.  That prediction did not come to pass.  Now, people don't even know what a fountain pen is!

The world has come such a long way in my lifetime and it just keeps getting better all the time!!  I don't have to iron anything because I only buy wrinkle-free stuff. I don't have to vacuum because my Roomba does that for me.  The dishes are washed automatically. I don't have to hang clothing outside on a line to dry, the dryer does it nicely.  I don't have to heat water on a stove to take a hand-bath.  I just turn on a faucet and out comes the water.  Don't have to light a kerosene light to brighten up the room - today I can just tell Alexa which light I want on and on it goes!   I don't have to go grocery shopping - can do all that via computer. Same with banking.  Never heard of a check as a child.  Even they have gone by the wayside and now everyone uses a little plastic card to pay for things.  So many many changes!  Can't imagine what thing will become in 80 year from now. :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

Offline Majse

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2018, 10:39:51 pm »
I have always thought of you as a first mover, MaryLou  :lol05: But I am with you a long way. I love when things get easier. But I do wish my handwriting was nicer. Some times I can't read my notes for shopping  :laugh1:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)