Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New Member Intro: rege  (Read 181 times)

Offline RegeTopic starter

New Member Intro: rege
« on: April 02, 2018, 07:38:50 am »
Good morning, everyone,

I'm rege, French, I'll be 65 in July.

I am not a professional, just a passionate vector drawing software. I used Illustrator for about fifteen years, a little Inkscape, Microsoft Expression Design then I discovered Serif DrawPlus which satisfies me completely for what I have to do. I finally bought Affinity Designer in November 2016 and I continue to explore it with great pleasure even if it still lacks some features.

I hope to learn about the forum and why not help if I can,

Sincerely.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Re: New Member Intro: rege
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:31:08 am »
Welcome Rege, it's good to see you here.

Illustrator is a good programme, I used it myself for a while a few years ago but preferred PS. Both Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo are very good programmes and fun to use. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.  :cancan:

Offline Lynn

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:44:22 am »
Welcome to PIRC, rege!

Your avatar caught my eye right off as it showed my initials.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:07:54 pm »
Welcome Rege, it's good to see you here.

Illustrator is a good programme, I used it myself for a while a few years ago but preferred PS. Both Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo are very good programmes and fun to use. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.  :cancan:
Good evening SherylC, thank you for the kind words.

For my part, not practicing photography I used very little PS and I never mastered it!

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 12:20:27 pm »
AD & AP are good all round programmes Rege. I've been using both for about a year.....still learning. Not difficult just different to other programmes that I am familiar with.

I use PS for the creative side for the most part and the photography side occasionally.

I love your avator by the way.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 12:32:35 pm »
Welcome, Rege!  Always nice to have new folks join us!!  I don't think any of us in this group are professionals, we just like creating graphics, especially vector graphics!  Affinity Designer is really good for that.  Currently, it lacks a few features but it is only on version 1 so we are all excited about what the future will bring!  It's fun to get in on the first generation of a program.

We used Serif Draw on this forum for about a year but when Affinity Designer came out, Serif dropped it so we all went with AD.   You're welcome to take part in the activity forums.   We have a regular AD workshop where the moderator presents a new project each week.  Then we have the Do Over workshop where we are re-doing all the projects that we all did when AD first came out.  It helps us to see how far we've come and to remind us of things we've forgotten. :easter20:

There's also a challenge forum which is always interesting and a Help forum if needed.  Everyone is friendly and we all try to be helpful in any way we can.   Once again, Welcome!!!

P.S.  Lynn, you're right  LR are your initials.. I like the way Rege put them together.
 :yes03:

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 12:34:56 pm »
Welcome to PIRC, rege!

Your avatar caught my eye right off as it showed my initials.
Good evening, Lynn,

Thanks for the welcome, so we have at least one thing in common! I chose this kind of avatar so I could easily find it in a list of messages.

Sincerely.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 01:03:29 pm »
Welcome, Rege!  Always nice to have new folks join us!!  I don't think any of us in this group are professionals, we just like creating graphics, especially vector graphics!  Affinity Designer is really good for that.  Currently, it lacks a few features but it is only on version 1 so we are all excited about what the future will bring!  It's fun to get in on the first generation of a program.

We used Serif Draw on this forum for about a year but when Affinity Designer came out, Serif dropped it so we all went with AD.   You're welcome to take part in the activity forums.   We have a regular AD workshop where the moderator presents a new project each week.  Then we have the Do Over workshop where we are re-doing all the projects that we all did when AD first came out.  It helps us to see how far we've come and to remind us of things we've forgotten. :easter20:

There's also a challenge forum which is always interesting and a Help forum if needed.  Everyone is friendly and we all try to be helpful in any way we can.   Once again, Welcome!!!

P.S.  Lynn, you're right  LR are your initials.. I like the way Rege put them together.
 :yes03:
Hello MaryLou,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

These programs are a bit magical, they allow you to do so many things relatively easily. What I prefer is to discover the possibilities of software and how to implement them, we learn a little more every day, either by ourselves, or through others, through forums.

Thank you for the explanations on the life of the forum,

Have a nice day

Offline San

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 01:17:16 pm »
Hi Rege and welcome A D  it is lacking a few tools that draw plus has but I am sure they will be added as they release new software.  But at least we are all learning together and any help you can give us would be appreciated as we all help each other and we are very friendly.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 01:27:54 pm »
AD & AP are good all round programmes Rege. I've been using both for about a year.....still learning. Not difficult just different to other programmes that I am familiar with.

I use PS for the creative side for the most part and the photography side occasionally.

I love your avator by the way.
I really like AD and I'm looking forward to the features that are still missing at the moment.

Thanks for the avatar, I wanted it to be recognizable (for me) at first glance on the page.

Have a nice day.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 11:46:43 pm »
hi, enjoy..love marfbum/joy

Offline Teejay

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 12:16:29 am »
welcome to pirc Rege ...I am late to the party .... :yes03:

I am loving AD I have a passion for vectors and it sounds like you do too am looking forward to seeing your work

and yes its about time serif pulled their finger out and gave us back the mesh colour tool.... I sooooooooooo want that .

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 12:58:08 am »
Hi Rege and welcome A D  it is lacking a few tools that draw plus has but I am sure they will be added as they release new software.  But at least we are all learning together and any help you can give us would be appreciated as we all help each other and we are very friendly.
Hello, San,

Thank you for the welcome.
AD is already very pleasant to use and the fact that it still lacks functions is less serious for me than for a professional and if need be I can still use DrawPlus.

Sincerely.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 01:06:09 am »
hi, enjoy..love marfbum/joy
Hello, Joy,

Thanks for the little welcome message, I promise I'll stick to your quote (to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me)! :smiley01:

Have a nice day.

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 01:25:07 am »
welcome to pirc Rege ...I am late to the party .... :yes03:

I am loving AD I have a passion for vectors and it sounds like you do too am looking forward to seeing your work

and yes its about time serif pulled their finger out and gave us back the mesh colour tool.... I sooooooooooo want that .
Hello, Teejay,

Thanks for the welcome, I hope we won't have to wait too long for the missing tools!

I'd like to see it happen:

Envelope/perspective tool (to avoid going through AP).
Gradient tool of shapes.
Cutter (which would avoid tinkering with a line).
Deformation tool (contraction/dilatation).
Vectorial eraser.
Bspline.
Pushback tool (useful for nested figures).
Dynamic vectorization
the possibility to create really vectorial brushes.

It is good to have tools even if they are not used every day.

I wish you a good day.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)