Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: I'm really not MIA :)  (Read 301 times)

Offline LinTopic starter

I'm really not MIA :)
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:43:30 pm »
 Well, I am but really busy right now... need to find some time for my beloved AD.  Am doing tour pages for a site that has tour pages... I's a Designer now... ROFL   anyway kinda busy but will for sure be back soon.. miss you all!

Offline Teejay

Re: I'm really not MIA :)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:48:02 am »
As long as you are having fun and coming home soon ...go for it ...if you need anything you thinnk i might be able to help with just ask.

You have always been an artist/designer to me.

Offline LinTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:22:09 am »
Thanks TeeJay :smiley01:

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 01:08:59 pm »
That sounds interesting but I suppose a lot of work and I am sure your design pages will amazing.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 07:23:43 am »
I'm sort of "not here" too. I have to catch up on my outdoor chores before we get our 3-digit temps back.  Then need to do some spring cleaning even though spring has passed.  But, I am still here every day to make sure everyone is on their good behaviour!   

Have fun with your designing!  You've got the perfect program for doing it!  :praise53:

Offline LinTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 06:51:17 am »
yup we do MaryLou :)  Probably will use a combo of AD and PSP  lol 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 12:14:05 pm »
I never could get into PSP.  I wrote a number of tutorials but even so, still couldn't warm up to it. That's why this forum changed to Drawplus. Most of us didn't like PSP.  I suspect it may have been psychological for the most part.  When PSP came out with version 3, so did PI.  I was a PSP user then but kept hearing about PI.  Since I did have it (came with a computer I bought), I decided to check it out.  Didn't take me long to dump PSP.

Over the years, it was always a topic of contention as to which was the better program.  Of course, each side stood up for the program they had.  So, I had an aversion to PSP for years!  I think it carried over.  :laugh1:   So,  if I were to do a design project, it would be with PI and AD.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 12:27:24 pm »
i use AD ALL the time
until i make a calender them i put it all together in psp.
i think its because i am usually late and i can whizz through doing all sizes  and jpg-ing them up fast

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 10:22:17 pm »
That's sort of how I am with PI.  I know I can quickly remove a white background or crop an image to an exact 4x7 size while I struggle to do those things in AD.  I can load 20 photos into PI and resize all of them to the exact same size in just a few clicks.  Can't do that in AD.  So, for now, I use both.

Offline LinTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 06:32:36 am »
seeing as I still teach PSP I'd better keep on using it  LOL.. plus some stuff is easier on PSP than AD, like cropping.. lol  I am going to see if tubing might be easier on AD.. not sure... but going to give it a try.. prolly a PITA no matter where you do it lol 

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)