Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: help again for styles  (Read 133 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re: help again for styles
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
Eileen, it could be that you had already converted that one to curves.  That would explain why it is blacked out.

Start over with a new image and try the steps below and see if that works for you:  (ignore the typo!)  :laugh1:

Offline EileenTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 04:50:57 pm »
Eileen, it could be that you had already converted that one to curves.  That would explain why it is blacked out.

Start over with a new image and try the steps below and see if that works for you:  (ignore the typo!)  :laugh1:

I been wracking my brain and just could not see why nothing worked for me. Then presto I figured why not try something else. got to remember I am new to AD so ya gotta tell me to open a new work area first, then follow your instructions. LOL well once I opened a NEW area then I was able to do all that. I miss understood your "open a new image as to open a new image of my own texture jpg. duh. so shoot me all as I am so old that I need to be led to the water and dunk my head in it before I understand. thank you to all you great folks for trying to help me. as usual it is me so dumb.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 05:00:50 pm »
LOL!!  Eileen, there are no dumb people here!!!   We don't allow that.  I would be the first one expelled if we did!!   Age is not an excuse either! :look: :look:  I turned 8o in February and I am still just as simple minded as I was when I was 79. 

Anytime something doesn't work, it's best to start all over, close the program, everything, and start over. 

I'm glad you got it figured out.  Now you can go wild making styles!!

I don't quite understand why the do not have to be converted to curves when using my method but they do when using the other method.  Wondering if that's a bug.  May have to check it out.

Offline EileenTopic starter

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 05:59:03 pm »
LOL!!  Eileen, there are no dumb people here!!!   We don't allow that.  I would be the first one expelled if we did!!   Age is not an excuse either! :look: :look:  I turned 8o in February and I am still just as simple minded as I was when I was 79. 

Anytime something doesn't work, it's best to start all over, close the program, everything, and start over. 

I'm glad you got it figured out.  Now you can go wild making styles!!

I don't quite understand why the do not have to be converted to curves when using my method but they do when using the other method.  Wondering if that's a bug.  May have to check it out.

well miss mary lou I am nearly 70 and thought it was my thinking, but thank goodness it isn't age LOL. again thanks to ALL who helped me.   :praise30: and I am making styles like crazy. got 10 made and shared one so far. tomorrow I will share more. Got some fab gold styles and glitter styles.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 07:45:25 pm »
You know, our minds don't think we are the age we are but our bodies tell a different story, at least mine does!!  As long as the brain keeps on working, age doesn't matter.

However, I do play the "age card" now and again when I'm out shopping!  Works every time!  :laugh1:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 12:31:47 am »
MaryLou I know why yours do not need to convert to curve the way you do it,

it is because you have already made your shape (Template) which is a curve ...then filled the curve with a bitmap.
you click the filled curve and save as style  .

Offline Lin

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 06:03:01 am »
You know, our minds don't think we are the age we are but our bodies tell a different story, at least mine does!!  As long as the brain keeps on working, age doesn't matter.

However, I do play the "age card" now and again when I'm out shopping!  Works every time!  :laugh1:

Me too MaryLou.. lol  an I totally agreee our minds don't feel any different than they did when younger... way younger.. and yeah bodies are a totally different thing.. ugh! lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
Teejay, I did think of that but then thought that couldn't be.   When I draw the box and then import something into it,  I am importing it into a vector. 

I just tried it.  I drew a rectangle, then went to the Fill tool which opened the menus.  Selected Bitmap and selected a .jpg  which opened into the vector.  It was still a vector.  The option to Convert to Curves is still available.

But, I think you are on the right path.  When you import via the Place Image tool, it does not put it into a vector frame so converting to curves is the only option.   That makes sense.    To create a style, it has to be a vector one way or the other.    :yay:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)