Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: teejays pc  (Read 127 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

teejays pc
« on: April 16, 2018, 07:37:32 am »
so ... my desktop hp  pc was a windows 7 when I got it.
I upgraded from 7 to 10
everything was running fine until I got the creative manky update in feb..it would only get to 45% then it would tell me it couldn't do the update and undid all..over and over again every day more than once.

I have tried all sorts of things to right it from the Microsoft site but nothing helps
it wouldn't be so bad but ...windows stops working altogether on my pc and I have to  reboot
other weird things have started to happen too

my backup has disappeared so too my history of windows updates

i saw an option to re install windows and if i did this it warned me i would need to download a 802.11wiewless LAN card from the net .
i didnt know where to start ....
so i went to hp  and asked
they got really shirty with me and said my particular pc was never an option for windows 10
and all i could do was revert to factory settings ( i have no recovery discs of any kind)

so....thats what i am going to do. maybe this weekend ...
i have a laptop ... i  wont be without you all ..but i am worried sick...lol what a wimp i am..

i have reverted to factory settings a few times before  but...its all the windows updates that take forever to catch up ..this pc is nearly 5 years old ...anyway just needed a shoulder..thanks for reading.x

Offline Lynn

Re: teejays pc
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:34:15 am »
Having had some problems with Windows 10 updates, I feel for you, Teejay. Here's hoping everything goes well this weekend.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:52:23 am »
Oh dear, I offer you my deepest sympathy as you try and get this straight.  Having been through it rather recently the mental stress is still rather fresh in my mind.  I wish I could help but sadly all I can offer is my commiserative feelings toward your plight.  Do keep us in touch because as our internet family we all stress and worry along with you.

Offline Majse

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 09:00:44 am »
Arrrgh Teejay - I know the feeling. It is very frustrating and our computers are so important. I hope you can get it fixed somehow. I will cross my fingers and send some good vibes

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:08:30 am »
thankyou so much for holding my hand with this
I know no one can help but it feels so much better sharing it...
many many thanks.

Offline Rege

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:08 am »
Teejay, like everyone else I've had to change computers several times and I can guess how you feel now, but unfortunately I can do nothing but sympathize!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 10:28:11 am »
that's ok rege
just knowing you know helps

Offline Grethe

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:57:05 am »
Sending you all best wishes, chocolate and hugs, Teejay!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 11:03:55 am »
thanks grethe
I ought to put my big girl panties on ...but I cant find them...lol

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 12:42:14 pm »
Sorry to hear about your plight Teejay. The recent Creators Update is causing some issues for many users....myself and Chris included.

I presume the update installed (or is trying to) itself under automatic updates? Not sure why your PC wouldn't be suitable in that case if the updates are automatic. You could try disabling your Security software if you haven't already tried that.   

https://windows101tricks.com/windows-10-creators-update-not-installing-stuck/

The good news is that your files are probably not missing but moved to al different location. Chris opened his computer to find most of his icons had been wiped away including Outlook. Had to reinstall outlook and then search for the .data files so get the emails back.   

https://windowsreport.com/my-files-folders-disappeared-windows-10/

MS suck at giving answer to queries in my experience.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 01:30:36 pm »
thanks grethe

I don't think you want those panties, big girls don't eat chocolates.  :laugh1:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 01:46:17 pm »

hmmm....I think these are the ones you lent me last time I was in a bind.  I'll give 'em a quick wash and send 'em right back.  Love you.....

Offline San

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »
Teejay I  am sorry to hear about you Computer hope you get it all sorted out I have a technician that I call on and I would be lost without him.  Which reminds me I must give him a call soon mu computer is way over due for a service.  I still have window 7 on my desktop and have now troubles.

But with my laptop I am have lots of  problems when Windows 10 has an update.  Sometimes it is okay and other it just messes things up.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 03:38:45 pm »
I'm very lucky in that I haven't had a windows problem so far.  I just let it automatically update on both the desktop and the laptop.  On the other hand, I did have some problems with my last one upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.  Did eventually get it all ironed out but as I recall, it was stressful.  Don't know what I can say to help other than to sympathize with you and hope all goes well!

Offline Linda R

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 07:35:47 pm »
Oh Teejay, at least you know you are not alone!!!  It was just over a month ago, that darn update messed my PC up so bad I had to format and start over.  I did download a new version of win 10 that already had the stupid update in it.  It installed with no problems and so far all is well.  (knocking on wood).
I wish I could help you but all I can do is sympathize like everyone one else! 

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)