Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New Terminology  (Read 127 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

New Terminology
« on: December 06, 2017, 03:41:06 pm »
Just wanted to let you all know that AD and AP are no longer called programs!  They are Apps!   Geez, now we have to learn a new language. 

How do I know this?  Because that new windows update that I installed a few days ago had replaced "Programs and features" with Apps and Features.  So, programs is old fashioned and we must learn to call them apps!

Here's another reason why I know this.  If you have Windows, you can go to the Windows Store and download the AD and or the AP App just like you do any other app!.  How about that!!!  They have a really  nice display showing what the app is all about.  You can download it directly to your computer.   It will also tell you if you already own that app.

Check it out!!   :xmas74: :xmas74:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Grethe

Re: New Terminology
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 10:55:27 am »
App App...sounds like get the horse starting!  :laugh2:
I guess we learn! :xmas57:

Offline Majse

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:48:43 am »
For once I am glad for the change. Because it is called apps on my phone and I like it when "things" are called the same LOLL

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »
I think it's going to be a little more difficult for some of us oldies to change our way of thinking with me being one of them.   I was a programmer in my working life and I wrote programs.  I guess now, in order for people to understand me, I will have to say I was an apper and wrote apps!!   :xmas20:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Majse

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:46:27 pm »
Ha Ha ML - new word - an apper

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)