CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT CONTEST : Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Christmas Card from Sacramento - SherylC  (Read 26 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Christmas Card from Sacramento - SherylC
« on: December 08, 2017, 06:46:10 am »
Well, the postman delivered a lovely Christmas Card to me today with some pretty stamps and post marked Sacramento on the envelope.  Mmmm...I wondered who it was from!!!!.  :xmas20: :xmas51: :xmas46:

It was so kind of you to send me a Christmas card MaryLou. I have it proudly standing on my mantelpiece. Thank you so much.   :praise45:   :thanks02:  :xmas37:  :xmas03:

Offline MaryLou

Re: Christmas Card from Sacramento - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:57:00 pm »
You're most welcome, Sheryl!!  I can't believe you got it so fast!! I  think I mailed it last Monday. That would mean, it took only 5 days!  That's pretty incredible.  Look at how far that little card traveled in such a short time.  Back years ago, it would have taken at least 3 weeks! 

I liked those stamps...  they are the "Forever" stamps so no matter how much the postage goes up in the future, this stamp will always be the value of the current stamp value.  I think stamps are around 48 cents each and if in the future, the price should go up to 60 cents, this stamp will have the same value as the 60 cent stamp.   In yesteryear, a stamp was worth only the amount printed on the face.  So if postage jumped from 42 cents to 45 cents, you would have to use the 42 cent stamp and add 3 more one cent stamps to it.   I like the Forever ones!

Merry Christmas to you all! :xmas20: :xmas20:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)