CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT CONTEST : Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Update deleted Affinity Photo - gone forever?  (Read 104 times)

Offline MajseTopic starter

Update deleted Affinity Photo - gone forever?
« on: November 28, 2017, 12:55:44 am »
I think I  have given up on Serif and Affinity Photo. I have updated before but this time I couldn't. And it deleted the version I had already

Have any of you had the the same problem?

I am logged in as administrator - I am the only one using this computer  :bluebiker:

Online Teejay

Re: Update deleted Affinity Photo - gone forever?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 05:50:44 am »
wow  i have never seen that one before ...
just let me ask... did you have a beta designer  and a beta photo

did you buy a copy when the first proper version came out ..
i got something like that but not exactly the same when i tried to run an old beta version...

Always Buy The Big Ones.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 06:14:10 am »
I bought both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer and have serialnumbers

And I haven't had problems updating AD only Affinity Photo. For the first time I was asked to write my serialnumber and my email-addy. I did but no no. Never had problems before. Maybe it is Windows 10

I only bought it online not on a dvd. I should have done that if I could

It is okay. But it was the program that kept me here on "legal" basis LOLL. Now I am just a lurker  :blackcat:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:46:52 am »
Majse, you could try restoring your pc back to a time when you know AD/AP was working properly.  I've done that in the past and got AD working again. If that doesn't resolve the issue them it might be worth contacting Serif. It sounds like some of the files have become corrupt in which case you may need a fresh download.   

There seems to be one a few glitches springing up with AD lately.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 11:46:35 am »
Thanks Sheryl but I am afraid to do that. My pc is upgraded more than once from Windows 7 - now the new 10 Pro. And I have a bad feeling that something will go wrong even if I only want to go a few days back. Murphys Law  :laugh8:

I didn't use it much anyway. But it was nice to have if I suddenly got more hours a day  :legs:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:05:02 pm »
I completely understand that Majse. It seems a shame not to have it though. Serif are pretty good and would probably send you a link to download a fresh copy.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 02:59:18 pm »
I don't know if the link might be different based on country, but if you purchased the program, you can go to this website  https://affinity.store/en-us/sign-in/ and log in.  Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on "My Account".  There you can choose "Downloads and Products Keys".  You can re-download anything you have purchased.  Hope this helps!

Offline SherylC

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 07:28:53 am »
Update: You are right Linda. That's good news. :)

That would be great Linda but thought the links were only valid on the account for so long. I may be thinking of Corel though.   One way to find out...off to check now! lol

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 09:28:39 am »
Thanks

I can't remember if I have an account. But maybe all customers have. I will try - thank you....

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 10:05:56 am »
I got it! Thank you so much, Linda. No problems with download. I am not sure if I should try and update (the version I bought was 1.6.1.93) on the other hand now I know where to get it again  :thanks02: :thanks02: :thanks02:

And when (not if...)  I mess up Affinity Designer I can see it is there too  :praise52:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:17 pm »
So glad I could help Majse!!   :stars:

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 05:31:34 am »
 :xmas33:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 03:51:08 am »
You have the latest version, Majse!  :xmas03:

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 05:48:55 am »
Thanks, Grethe. Glad you tell me  :xmas37:

Weird - maybe it is always the latest version on my account? I am glad I don't have to update. Hate it. Always something going wrong for my fat fingers LOLL

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)