Affinity Designer Forums > AD Discussion

Clipping vs. Nesting ~ Lynn

(1/2) > >>

Lynn:
The most recent AD Beta, 1.6.3.96, which was posted to the Affinity Forum yesterday, lists among the Fixes the following:

Changed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers

This surprised me, as I thought clipping and nesting were the same thing. If anyone has downloaded the Beta and can see what they are talking about, please enlighten me!

Teejay:
mmmm that sounded interesting so I downloaded the beta

how I read that was they were going to make a bigger difference to nested and or clipped layer against a normal layer without clip or nesting applied

nesting is clipping as far as I am aware.

anyway I opened both the AD's and  repeated the same sample and looked at the layers I see NO difference  in clipped nested or normal layer

the beta is the left. I also  tried it in the dark UI  but had the same results no difference between the two.

Lynn:
They sure look identical to me.

I'm absolutely not going to worry about it!

SherylC:
My goodness what is going on with Serif announcing changes and updates when it is hard to see any differences they've made. I just don't get it and think they are having a laugh! lol  :xmas03: :xmas74: :xmas51:

Grethe:
But, Shez, does this sound something like we had in AP lately...merging down and not clipping/nesting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version