Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Windows 10 Update Sound Problem ~ Lynn  (Read 142 times)

Offline Majse

Re: Windows 10 Update Sound Problem ~ Lynn
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 09:08:50 am »
I got problems with other things with that update. I deleted it again. I had 10 days to go back to the previous version of Windows. Now my computer is back to normal

But I don't know if it is a solution for you

Offline LynnTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 02:28:57 pm »
I waited until after the holidays and then contacted the service rep at the computer firm that built my computer and asked her to use TeamViewer with me and take remote control of my computer. I figured that what I couldn't figure out would be a snap for her. I called her just now by prearrangement and she found and fixed the problem in no time. She said that my default speakers had been changed from my external free-standing speakers to my monitor. And the great thing was she didn't charge me for her help!

Offline Linda R

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 04:24:44 pm »
That's great news that it was an easy (and free) fix!! 

Offline Nicky

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 03:36:00 am »
Good news but where you look for that?

Offline Majse

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 05:17:41 am »
Good for you, Lynn. I am glad you got the problem solved

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 05:44:34 am »
wow that was easy for someone who knows and  you cant get a better price than that  :ok2:

Always Buy The Big Ones.

Offline LynnTopic starter

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 06:46:22 am »
Nicky,

You go to the little speaker symbol at the far right of the task bar and right click on it and choose Playback Devices from the menu. I had done that and tried to set the correct default speakers, but with no success. Linda2 had succeeded in setting hers and getting her sound. Don't know what I did wrong, but the tech rep took just a few seconds messing with the default settings and the sound came on.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 10:27:17 am »
I had a "sound" issue recently and noticed that the update and changed my settings from the High Def ones that I have installed to the Realtek Speakers which I don't use. Once I reselected the High Def ones, the sound returned.  Might not be the issue for you but worth checking out, see my screenshot.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)