Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: THE ORNAMENT CONTEST  (Read 71 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

THE ORNAMENT CONTEST
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:45:49 pm »
As of today, there are only 8 days left to submit your ornaments so let's get busy folks!!  So far, only 8 people have sent entries.   This is really disappointing.  It takes a lot of work to set up things like this which include setting up a web page, keeping track of which ornament belongs to who and getting people to contribute prizes. 

I know we are a small forum but only 8 people taking part is, as I said, very disappointing.  The entire staff does a lot of work to keep things going and do their very best to make it interesting for everyone.  When we get so little response from the non-staff members, it's disheartening.

There's still time left so please take the time to participate.  You do NOT have to post that you've sent in an entry.  just email it to me at mlwhite@pircnet.com and I will respond with a message to let you know it was received.

There are prizes involved too!  It has not yet been posted but I've been told that Serif is going to contribute two of their beautiful workbooks!   That alone should be an incentive to get you going.   So, come on and show a bit of support for this forum and send in your ornaments!

Okay...  getting off my soapbox and wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas!!

Update!!  Teejay has just secured two prizes for the contest.  Serif will be donating a workbook for Affinity Designer and one for Affinity photo.  First prize winner gets the first choice of the books.  They will be mailed directly to the winners by Serif.   That should be a great incentive for you all to submit an ornament!!     Thanks Teejay, :xmas47: :xmas47:   and thanks Serif!!!   :xmas52: :xmas52:

Offline Teejay

Re: THE ORNAMENT CONTEST
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:45:39 am »
hey.... 8  ... only 8   but....

come on you Landlubbers get your feet wet
its only a bit of fun,

yes I know some of you are not into competitions of any kind ...so dont bl*ddy win...    just look on it as an extra workshop ...

if you cant think of anything you can enter .....try redoing one of the workshop Christmas projects ..a bell a tree a star... anything...

just do it....   :smiley01:

Always Buy The Big Ones.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 12:49:22 pm »
Only 8 so far? I guess some may be adding the finishing touches to their gorgeous ornaments before submitting them. At least hoping that's the case.

Who wouldn't want to win a fabulous prize?

Time is running...... :xmas74:

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 02:23:07 pm »
We have the two workbooks from Serif for first and second place and something coming from Frankentoon for third prize.  These are all great prizes!! 

I see we have a few more ornaments now and have room for a whole lot more!!!  The more, the merrier!!  As Teejay said, if you aren't interested in winning a contest, that's fine, you don't have to accept the prize if you win.  Do it to support the activity just as you would any other activity.

Go check out the Ornament site - it looks so pretty with all the ornaments!! :xmas03: :xmas03:

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:58:09 pm »
We just got another great prize for the ornament contest!!  To see what it is, click on the link to the contest at the top of the page, then click on the Winners button to see all of the prizes!!

The winner gets first choice of the prizes!!  Second place gets next choice and third place gets the remaining prize.   Just think, one of those winners could be YOU!!!   There are only 5 days left to get your entries in so...  get busy!!! :xmas52: :xmas51:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 11:33:31 am »
I've just taken a look and wow another amazing prize, this time from Frankentoon. How lucky we are to get sponsored so generously.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)