Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Crash landing...Grethe  (Read 285 times)

Online GretheTopic starter

Crash landing...Grethe
« on: January 01, 2018, 05:28:21 am »
What a start of the new year! I was just about to try the latest Lynn showed us. My pc has partitions, and the one I use for images, documents, everything really, has decided not to open. At first the computer didn't want to open at all (tried 3 times) then I gave it 30 min. rest, and now it opens without the most important part.  :angry01: :angry01: :angry01: :angry01:
Think I've to see the repair company tomorrow....if I can get under my desk, take out all the wires and carry it down to my car! Oh my back and knees!S..H..I..T  :angry01: :angry01:

Offline Majse

Re: Crash landing...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 06:09:27 am »
Oh no, Grethe. Did you update recently? I hope you'll get it fixed soon. We can't live without the computer, right...

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:39:19 am »
I updated before Christmas, and I didn't get problems then. You, re right, Majse, without our computer we are next to nothing!
The computer works, but I WANT MY IMAGES BRUSHES ASSETS ETC ETC BACK!

Offline Nicky

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:57:14 am »
Same here Grethe. I think last update created a problem... Hope I can save the PC

Online Linda2

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 07:00:32 am »
I totally understand and I feel your pain and frustration Grethe.  That, or at least something similar, happened to me a few months ago and I felt devastated to say the least.  I have been trying since then to slowly build back but it is painstakingly slow.  I wish you luck in your recovery efforts and will help with anything I have that you might need.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:11:28 am »
May be you're right, Nicky! I wonder what the repair expert will say tomorrow. He might have heard similar problems, if you also have them.
We have to cross fingers, toes and everything! I do not want to set up a new pc now! I'm not even sure I will be able to!

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:25:12 am »
Sorry to hear about your pc plight Grethe.   The last few updates seem to be causing a lot of pc problems for users but sure the repair expert will put it right in no time.  :yes01:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 07:35:15 am »
I am so sorry grethe and I am no good to you at all.. I know next to nothing about any of that sort of stuff .

Offline Majse

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 08:56:57 am »
My fingers are crossed, Grethe

Offline Linda R

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 09:05:17 am »
Oh no Grethe!!  So sorry to hear this!  I hope they get you fixed up without any loss!!  My PC won't install the big update, but I'm good with that!!  It seems to cause a lot of problems!  I do have everything backed up on an external drive and all my photos also backed up on a USB flash drive!  Hoping they get you up and running tomorrow!

Offline Majse

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 10:00:24 am »
Linda R, the update is back on my pc too but this time my PC won't install. I don't know if it is good or bad. When it comes to Windows I have learned to hope for the best and fear for the worst

Offline Nicky

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 11:42:26 am »
After hours I was able to fix mine.... scary!

Offline San

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 11:54:20 am »
Hope you get it fixed soon Grethe.  At least you can use your computer.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »
After hours I was able to fix mine.... scary!

What did you do, Nicky?

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 01:10:01 pm »
I had a minor problem with the last update - my brushes all disappeared.  I did a search of my computer and they were no where to be found.  About a week later, they came home all by themselves.  I was so surprised to see them back in AD and AP once again!   Other than that, I have not had any problems with the upgrade.

As a safeguard, I have a laptop that I keep in my bedroom.  When I think of something I need to look up or whatever, I just grab the laptop so I don't have to go through the place to the big one. I keep the laptop synced with the desktop so it's usually pretty up to date.  I would die without my computer!!   I think I may be paranoid.

Good luck with yours, Grethe!! :yes01:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)