Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Crash landing...Grethe  (Read 155 times)

Offline Nicky

Re: Crash landing...Grethe
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 01:23:43 pm »
Grethe I did so many things... don't know what fix it but I went to setting and did Troubleshoot, I also scan PC for malwares, restarted several times, then went to system /notifications and actions/storage double click on drive C/empty temporary files and finally did a refresh. What ever it was or many restart did it for me

Offline GretheTopic starter

Re: Crash landing...Grethe UPDATE
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 05:56:50 am »
The e-disk was destroyed and could not be repaired. I have some backup and may be also something in the cloud. Not good at all and I'm feeling sad...I've been searching for companies to rescue data, but they are expensive.
I'll get my computer back tomorrow with a new e-disk.

Could be an expencive lesson in several ways....will see tomorrow and the days ahead.

:sad: :angry01: :sadcry: :boink:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 06:35:56 am »
oh np that is so sad I am so sorry grethe
good luck for tomorrow
on the good side
your graphics you make has got so much better than when we started ..... you will soon be able to replace them with better.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 06:56:39 am »
May be, may be, Teejay! But everything I need to make images, the assets are gone! 99% of my photos are saved and some other minor things too.
But I've decided to find a company that can restore the content, it will cost some money, but then again, there are documents I really will miss very much, i.e. things my dead husband wrote, paper for reducing taxes etc etc.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 08:08:51 am »
Oh Grethe how sad. It is a lesson to back up everything. I have a program that I used and it is saved on a USB key.  and I also backup on a CD.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 08:17:54 am »
I understand your choice Grethe, given that you have those kind of documents that may be recovered.  I looked into a data recovery company when I had my troubles a few months back.  They said it would more than likely be in the $5k range and then they weren't sure how much would be able to be saved.  I had a few documents that I would like to have been saved, but most of mine was in the graphics/assets/programs, etc. and I just decided that they were not worth all that much to me.   Good luck on regaining those items.  I ended up going ahead and getting a new PC although mine was really not that old to start with.   My initial failure was in an external device, but I blame the Windows update for the system failure I had a short time later.  Anyway....knock on wood....this new system seems to be working Ok for me now and although I am still occasionally remembering a program or something I had and have to go on a search for.... I am plugging along. You will too I am sure , in a very short time.  It is a royal PITA and there is no way around that it seems.  Just know that you have someone commiserating with you as you go about getting this all solved.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 08:40:59 am »
Yes, Linda, it costs *some* to restore what I'd, but for now I'll do it. BUT it also  make me think about doble secure everything, not just a little here and there. 2 clouds is my idea. But right now, I will get the hd recovered and I'll take it from there.

Thank you for you thoughts, I remember you told about your crash, it seems you have recovered quit well. Still you miss something...

Offline Majse

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 09:40:17 am »
I sorry you have these problems, Grethe. I understand your choice. Good luck

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)