Affinity Forums ::: PIRC Facebook Affinity ::: PIRC Webpage
PIRC YouTube Channel ::: Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: be back soon - Teejay  (Read 299 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re: be back soon - Teejay
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 03:46:31 PM »
Got my glasses taken care of.  Total cost (drum rolllllll) $526!!  How can that possibly be??  Luckily, it didn't cost me a single penny.  The cataract removal included a special allowance for new glasses.  Then my HMO has a $350 allowance.  I got all the whistles and bells tint when out in the sun, no scratch, no glare lens, some other thing and new frames.  Instead of the usual "old lady" frames that we see on older folks, I got a total opposite - all black rims. 

Hahaha... the only way to get rid of wrinkles is to go to one of those doctors and have your skin stretched over the face and cheeks, and it's so tight that it might break!  I do NOT understand why people do that to themselves.  They totally ruin their looks and they all look alike - walking zombies!  Actually, I don't mind the wrinkles all that much but what does bother me is that I have puffs under my eyes!  Have never had that before.  I'm sure it's due to the eye surgery though.  I have these cute little eye pads that you heat in the microwave, then lay them on top of your eyes.  Don't know if it does any thing but it sure feels good and restful.

I just finished making my brother a custom 83rd birthday card. His day is coming up in July. He will love it because I found a baby pic of him when he was 2 years old. I doubt he's ever seen it so I went into AD and fitted it inside of an oval, printed it and added it to the card.

I am loving making the 3D types of paper stuff.  I want to get into flower making next.  the problem is, all of this stuff is so addictive that you can't get anything else done!!!

An early Happy 4th - and especially to the only real firecracker I know - Teejay!  That's her birthday. :stars: :stars:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Joy

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 11:56:05 PM »
hi, im wondering if TJ is well
anyone know please?
boott12 by joy marshall, on Flickr

Offline Linda2

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2022, 07:01:46 AM »
I had a brief email chat with her not long ago.  She was generally feeling better but still had some family illnesses  that was requiring much of her time...and of course she herself was still recovering.  In general she sounded good and upbeat but just had a lot with which to deal at the moment.
The greatest mistake we  make is living in constant fear that we will make one

Online Lynn

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 07:28:31 AM »
It's good to hear that Teejay is recovering, Linda! Hope she can find the time to participate in the forum soon!

Offline Linda2

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 08:15:43 AM »
Oh, I agree Lynn.  She brings such life to our group and always makes us smile....not to mention her considerable talent and skills with AD.  I do hope she will have more time to participate with us soon.  If she pops on from time to time I hope she knows we all miss her presence. :german:
The greatest mistake we  make is living in constant fear that we will make one

Offline San

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 04:37:31 PM »
I agree we miss Teejay but with what she has gone through the last few months she needs to recover as she has as Linda said she has had a lot to deal with. But the  main things she has let me know she is recovering and need time to herself so you will just have to put up with me for a bit longer and hope we will see Teejay again soon.

Offline Joy

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 12:20:43 AM »
thank you all for letting me know.....
happier now
and SAN
cannot do without YOU
boott12 by joy marshall, on Flickr

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)