Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Affinity designer and Affinity Photo latest upgrades problems - Eddie  (Read 275 times)

Offline EddieTopic starter

Hello everyone. has anyone done the latest upgrades to designer and photo and found that as soon as you click to create something then the program closes down. Both programs were working fine before I upgraded them today.

Offline Teejay

Re: Affinity designer and Affinity Photo latest upgrades problems - Eddie
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:27:28 am »
what upgrade eddie I

is it the beta  you are  talking about or the program proper.
I have had no problem

that sounds really drastic.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:24:38 am »
Not noticed any issues in AP but AD has been crashing regularly for a few weeks now when I am in the middle of creating something. Might be due to the last update hadn't given it much thought. Very frustrating but fortunately when I reopen AD a message to Restore UNsaved work appears. If it wasn't for that I would be chomping at the bit!.  :yes03:

Don't know of any worthy suggestions to offer Eddie other than to try uninstalling and reinstalling. In my experience I find that after reinstalling. You could also write to Serif and notify them of the issue.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:44:05 am »
Hi The problem is with upgrade 1.6.3.103 on designer and photo. The last versions were running ok on my windows computer and today as I went to use them they came up with a message to upgrade to later version which I did. I did photo first as I was waiting to do a photo so thought I will upgrade before I do it. When I opened it after the upgrade and pressed anywhere on the screen it just closed down completely. So i went into designer and it had the same message about the upgrade so I thought OK I will try doing that with the same result. Luckily I have MAC versions too so can still work away.I had an error code come up so I sent that off to Serif a little while ago.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 11:46:56 am »
Hi  Sheryl  Yes I did try a re-install and a close down of my computer but still the same problem. Just wondered if anyone else had done the upgrade today with the same results

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 11:47:14 am »
Oh I have update 1.6.1.93 which I thought was the latest update Eddie. Normally get a message to update when I open AD but haven't received one, at least not yet. Need to look into this a bit further.

Hope Serif can help with a resolution to the issue. 

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 12:08:01 pm »
I had the upgrade message come up on both of mine Sheryl thats why I did it. I also uninstalled them and reloaded from my account with exactly the same result so I can only think that the fault lies at Serifs end. Will keep you up to date if I find anything out in the meantime.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 12:10:20 pm »
I've just put the link to the updates in both the AD and AP Discussion forums, thanks Eddie. No idea why I didn't get the message when opening the programmes to update but all done now.

I've just updated and created a few basic shapes. AD hasn't crashed yet. It may do so at a later date but seems fine at the moment.

Offline Lin

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 12:11:10 pm »
hmmm think I have the update before that one Eddie.. guess I won't update lol

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 12:33:48 pm »
sheryl do you mean you have upgraded to 1.6.3.103?

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 01:00:17 pm »
Yes Eddie. I just used AD with the latest update to complete a challenge and it didn't crash when I started to create a shape. That doesn't mean the crashing issue has gone away though as it used to crash randomly and unexpectedly prior to the latest update.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 01:15:31 pm »
ok, so I uninstalled both designer and photo and switched my machine off and back on and re-installed both programs from my serif account, switched off machine and back on again and tried to run the programs but both just crashed again. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.  :yay:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 01:25:12 pm »
i have just updated to 103 without any problems in fact I have less time to wait for it to open.i was waiting over two full minutes with the old one... now its more like 20 seconds .

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 04:01:01 pm »
Latest update.. rebooted computer back to factory settings and reloaded affinity designer and photo. Did it work? NOOO.  Still crashed when I went to open a new document. Waiting to hear back from Serif

Offline Linda2

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 04:30:16 pm »
No problems here.  I d/led and installed this newest one early this morning and have used it all day with no glitches so far.  I actually can't see any big changes ....at least nothing that impacted my work today, but maybe I will find out something  from one of the gurus here.  I do not have AP so I can only comment on AD but so far so good.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)