Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Summer Has Arrived!!!  (Read 159 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Summer Has Arrived!!!
« on: May 29, 2018, 06:22:10 pm »
Looks like we're getting our summer a wee bit earlier!!  Had planned to do some yard work today but by 10am, it was already in the low 90's.  By 2:00pm, it was 103 F out there!!  That is HOT!!!

Daisy had to go out to do her business. Felt sorry for because she's wearing a fur coat.  When she came in, she went right for the floor vent where she flopped down over top of it.  She may be blind but she sure can find what she wants!  If I were smaller, I would have joined her!!

Still have some yard work to finish up. Going to wait until about 7:00, then try to get it done.  I HAVE to be done before 8:00 because America's Got Talent starts its new season!!  Don't want to miss that! :cheergirl: :cheer3:

Offline Grethe

Re: Summer Has Arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:12:41 am »
It is hot in northern Europe too and has been for a couple of weeks. It is too early, normal start is mid June.
I don't like this heat so I have a wet towel in my refridger to put on my head.  :laugh1:
Image fro, last year. (Varmt=Hot)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 11:05:25 am »
LOL!!   That's a pretty good look, Grethe!!  Actually, I don't mind the heat but I do feel sorry for the animals because they can't find a place to cool off.  I have central  a/c so it's always nice inside.

It's so crazy, yesterday it got up to 103 and today, it's only 72!!  You just never know what to expect from one day to the next!  I need to do some repairs on my drip system and since it's nice and cool outside, this is the time to do it!

Come July, we'll have at least 6-8 weeks of those 3-digit temps.  :laugh1:

Offline Majse

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 11:33:47 am »
Ha Ha Grethe - did you read the month of May has broken all records here in Denmark? Hot and sunny. I don't like it

I think I will follow Daisy and do nothing.... My Nosy had a big fur coat. He did the same - found the best spot to relaxe. I remember we put icecubes in his water - he loved it

Offline Grethe

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 11:34:41 am »
It is not common to have A/C here, so I open all windows + the door to my veranda/balcony and thank goodness, I live where it is *always* a little wind.not so far from the ocean. I feel sorry for Majse, she lives in Copenhagen far from the sea, hot there too.

Now it is an early evening and it is 26 degrees.
BTW ML, where is that little circle to mark degrees?

Offline Majse

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 11:36:18 am »
Right now I have 30 Celsious in my bedroom. Copenhagen is hot and we need rain!

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:10 am »
Yes, Majse! All record gone here in Denmark, but also in southern part of Norway, the far up north in Norway has had a winterstorm! Weird weather we have!

Offline Majse

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:38:28 am »
Really weird. Maybe I should sleep with a wet towel - like you wear ha ha

Offline Grethe

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 11:38:50 am »
We had a little rain yesterday, but not enough! Everything is sooo dry around here!

Offline Majse

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 11:41:06 am »
Yeah I read about a big fire in jylland already. But compared to other places on earth I consider myself lucky. But I will do some rain dance  :cheer3:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 12:49:18 pm »
BTW ML, where is that little circle to mark degrees?

Not ML, but I hold down the alt key and hit 0176 to make the degree sign.  Right now it is 82 F here in the deep South USA.  We are still having effects of the tropical disturbance that came through  yesterday....so lots of intermittent rain storms passing by.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:17 pm »
ohhhhhhhhh             eh wha...  whats that weirdo funny a thingy...   ݰ  i made a face....lol

Offline Grethe

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 01:49:03 pm »
o  y o  y o  y
  :cheer3: :laugh1:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 01:53:28 pm »
 :smiley01:
___,,,^._.^,,,___

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
 Yes, that's how I do it,  ALT + 0176 but remember, you must use the numbers on the keypad, not the numbers across the top of the keyboard. 

You can create lots of characters this way.  Example,  to make the copyright symbol  ALT + 0169    -  you must include the zero - there have to be four numbers after the ALT tag.     Try ALT + 0189 to get .

OR...  you can click the Windows key, scroll the program list until you find Windows Accessories\Character map.  Click on that to open a window that shows all the different marks one can have on characters. 

OR ...  if you can't find it in the windows list,  right-click on the Windows icon  and select "Run" from the popup window. A little window will open - type in CHARMAP and you'll get the same window you would have gotten in the step above.

Once in the Character map, you can copy these symbols and paste them wherever you want.  ►  ♫  ♫☺♫☺۞ ♫☺۞۩   :laugh1:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)