Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Font manager - does anybody use one?  (Read 94 times)

Offline Linda RTopic starter

Font manager - does anybody use one?
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:09:07 pm »
I have a lot of fonts that I just have in a folder.  I have looked at font managers and there seem to be quite a few.  Does anyone use one they would recommend?  Thanks!

Offline Teejay

Re: Font manager - does anybody use one?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 01:24:03 pm »
i used to use nexus but it hasn't worked right for ages it is soooooooo old..and it stopped working
then MaryLou put me onto Font Runner its free and it is easy and I LIKE it..

so give font runner a go  you have nothing to loose

it works like searching with the browse to your font file and loads them up for you to look at and  AD will see them if you click the 'see' toggle

give it a go and I am sure ML will put you in the picture there isn't much to it.

this is the link ML gave me if you want it.

http://codeandrun.com/john/font-runner-2/downloads/

Offline Rege

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 01:31:05 pm »
Linda, for my part I used "Typograph" for years but I abandoned it because I had problems with the latest version. I contacted twice their company which did not help me, apparently I was an idiot unable to understand their software....

I have been using MainType 8.0 Standard Edition for some time and am fully satisfied. Although this is only the basic version, it is more than enough for my needs.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 01:56:49 pm »
Teejay is right, I would highly recommend FontRunner.  It's an oldie, but a goodie.  I've tried a number of different ones but found this to be the best.  I have all my fonts in folders on my hard drive.  I point FontRunner to the top level folder and it finds all my fonts.  I can go through them by category, or however I want.  To use them, you can install or use the sharing option which temporarily installs the fonts in all programs that use fonts.  After you're finished with them, you can unshare and they all disappear from the list.  Below is a clip from the email I sent Teejay. 

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 01:58:17 pm »
I use Font Runner and have been using it  for a long time and it is easy to use.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 03:57:49 pm »
I have used Font Viewer for years and have been very satisfied with it's performance.  It is also free and works well with this latest Windows update.  You can read about ithere

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 05:26:30 am »
Font Runner 3 here…..works good for me.

Offline Linda RTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 03:55:36 pm »
 :thanks06: Everyone for the input!  I downloaded Font Viewer 3 and will give it a go! 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 12:45:29 pm »
I'm sure you'll like it... and best of all, it's free!  Love good free stuff!! :praise53:

Offline Lin

« Reply #9 on: Today at 07:18:34 am »
I downloaded font runner and don't know how to use it lol.. do I have to install the fonts that are in a different folder to use them??? or.. what?? lol

Offline San

« Reply #10 on: Today at 01:24:49 pm »
Lin When you open Font runner just look for where you saved all your fonts and click on that folder and they will open in Font runner.

But you have to always have it open when using any programs otherwise you will not see the fonts in A D or PSP.

hope you understand

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: Today at 01:32:34 pm »
 Lin, scroll back up.  I posted a message on how to use it. :praise53:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)