Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: AD and nesting  (Read 62 times)

Offline NickyTopic starter

AD and nesting
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »
In today AD 027 layers workshop, at 0.21 and  at 1.40 time mark after she has moved the shapes to a new layer she  says that shapes can be nested!!!! I so much prefer this word than clipping. And throughout the whole tutorial

https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/affinity-designer-quick-start/lessons/understanding-the-layers-panel

Offline MaryLou

Re: AD and nesting
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:56:50 PM »
Nicky, I prefer nested too... it makes more sense to me but what makes even more sense is Paste Inside.  They all do the same thing.  Clipping just doesn't sit well with me... it doesn't seem to fit but apparently, it's a word used in the high priced graphic programs and Affinity is trying to appeal to that crowd by using terminology they are already familiar with.

I didn't realize that clipping and Paste Inside were the same thing until I wrote a tutorial using both!  :laugh8: :laugh8:

Offline NickyTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
 :thanks06: MaryLou . For me nesting is the term, but will not say it out loud!!!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »
 :jumpy: :jumpy:  Me either!!!  People wouldn't know what I was talking about.   This is why I always try so hard to use the correct terms when writing a tut - it keeps people from being confused.

Offline Lin

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »
 :laugh8:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!