Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: New Member Intro - Torill  (Read 59 times)

Offline TorillTopic starter

New Member Intro - Torill
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »
Hi
I'm Torill from Norway
I have been a member earlier actually I think I was in from when the first forum was started. Then I got sick and was away for a long long time. Rejoined. Got cancer and did not work much with photoimpact or anything else. I wanted to see if anything was new around  PI but I guee not since it's a new software .
I have to ask, is this software  any similar to paintshop pro or PI?
I will stay for a while and see if this is something I  want to learn. Hope no one mind?
If it's not ok please tell and I will "move"

SueHonstain

Re: New Member Intro - Torill
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
 :welcome02: to the forum Torill.  Affinity Designer is strictly a vector drawing program similar to DrawPlus and some aspects of PI.  I am just learning the program right now and am fascinated how quickly I'm catching on.  I used to do vector drawing in Paintshop Pro but it is so much easier in Affinity Design.  The Affinity Photo is a photo editing portion of Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo being taught here.  Some only have AD (Affinity Designer) and some have AP (Affinity Photo) or both AD and AP to be exact.

Feel free to see what folks are doing in both programs from the Forum Index page and the other forums listed to see what we are doing.  If you think you'd like to be involved you can Purchase AD for $49 plus tax and I believe the AP for another $49 plus tax also.

I'm sure MaryLou, Teejay and other advanced people will be in to encourage you also.

Just make yourself familiar in the forum and check everything out before just jumping on the bandwagon and  :havefun:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »
Hello Torill and welcome back!!!   Yes, It has been a very long time!!  So sorry to hear you had cancer, etc.   That's a difficult thing to deal with and to beat.  I had cancer back in the 60's and it was touch and go for a long time but... I'm still here!!  :laugh1:

We no longer use PhotoImpact, as you can see.  When a program is discontinued, that's time to move on because there will never be anything new.  We tried PSP for a while but weren't really happy with it.  We tried one called Draw Plus and all fell in love with it.  But, as luck would have it, they discontinued that about a year ago!!

On the bright side, the company that made DrawPlus has come out with a brand new line - Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.  We are all learning how to use Designer and some are using Photo as well.  It's an easy program to learn and we have kept a list of past projects to a new person wanting to learn can do these past projects and post them in the workshop.

They do have a 10 day free trial of Affinity Designer so you could download that and take a peek.  I'm not sure if it has everything but it's worth checking out.  The nice thing is, this is the very first version of Affinity Designer and we are getting in on the ground floor!  We also helped wiht the beta testing so we have a lot "invested" in it.  Give it a try and don't stay away so long!! :star:

Offline TorillTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »
Thanks for nice welcome 
I'll look around and maybe download the the trial version. And see where I end up. ☺

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 01:42:26 PM »
Welcome Torill and have a look around and I hope that you will join us I am sure you will love A D once you start learning it.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »
Welcome back, Torill!! Norwegian here too, living in Denmark!
Sad to read you have been ill! Hope you are well and fit again.
Affinity is my new love...in fact I love it more than ever did with PI. As MaryLou says, we are starting from ground floor and it is really amazing. And so easy to learn. I have them both, AD and AP. I recommend them both, very much!

So glad to see you're back!  :cancan:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!