Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: ATTN: SHIRLEY, EDNA, AND ANYONE ELSE WITH RED LINE UNDER TEXT  (Read 510 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

If you are one of the people who were experiencing a problem with having a red line showing up under your text,  I need you to check something for me. 

Open a new document.
On the menu, go to Text\Show Character\Language.  What language are you seeing there?  It should show the language of your country. If not, change it, then turn the spell checker back on and see if  you're still getting the red underline.

THANKS!!

Offline Nicky

Re: ATTN: SHIRLEY, EDNA, AND ANYONE ELSE WITH RED LINE UNDER TEXT
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:37:05 pm »
Red lines still there after I changed the language, both artistic text and frame text

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:46:32 pm »
Nicky, can you reboot your system, then repeat the test and take a screen shot of the language that is showing as well as a line of new text showing that it's still underlined?   That will help a LOT.  Thanks!

Offline Nicky

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:18:43 am »
MaryLou text1 is the original. Text2 is the new language after restart Text3 after restart again reverted to the original

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:58:28 am »
Nicky, can you use some text other than your name?  Like type a sentence.  Your name would not be in the dictionary no matter what language you used.  This is a GREAT test but needs viable text.  Try  The cow jumped over the moon and see if you get the red line.  The fact that it reverts back is interesting. 

Also, after you change your language, save your defaults to see if that makes it "stick".   Edit\Defaults\Save.

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »
MaryLou  :thanks06: it work for me now I only have red lines if I make an error.  Doing exactly what you said to do. 

I did change the language before but I never saved it, and rebooted the program.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »
Thank you, San!!!  Now all I need to do is hear from Nicky and Shirley so I can go back and report to them.  What country did you have there before you picked your own?  I bet Nicky didn't save hers. :coffeecup2:

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »
I had the unknown(enca)

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 02:05:39 pm »
You will all be happy to know that we were helpful in reporting this. They have found it is indeed a bug!  Chris at Serif installed the beta on a Win 7 computer and sure enough, he got the same thing San got for language. They have added it to the genuine bug list.  He thanked us for finding it.  Yeaaaa!!  We found a real but!  Thanks to you guys!! :praise46: :clapping:

Offline San

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »
That is great we found a bug.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 05:43:19 pm »
MaryLou sorry to be late. Just saw your note now. Anyway did what you said and came up wit the following.
picture1 the language is: and the red lines show

picture 3 changed to english US (like my pc)  no red lines but after I had saved as default the program froze..

Got it to close somehow and restarted AD
Well look at image it is back at original language it does not hold the change so did not type in.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 05:54:45 pm »
Nicky, if your computer froze when saving the default, it probably would not stick.  Can you change it again and just save the the default settings and see if it works?

Offline Nicky

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 06:22:02 pm »
MaryLou the setting did not hold. Sorry

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »
Okay, will report that too.  :thanks07: :thanks07: :thanks07:

Offline Edna

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 12:11:53 pm »
Did't see this until just know MaryLou will test mine in a little while and get back to you.

Life is an Animation, you choose what goes in the frames......Author EM Munn

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)