Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Beta 3 Color Picker Does Not Work ~ Lynn  (Read 569 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Beta 3 Color Picker Does Not Work ~ Lynn
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:36:26 am »
The Color Picker would not work for me in Beta 2. San said it would not work for her either. I had hoped that it would be fixed in Beta 3. It is not. The Color Box is grayed out and stays grayed out if I try to use either the dropper in the Color Panel or the dropper on the Tools Bar. When I use the dropper from the Color Picker Tool instead of selecting a color it turns the Fill black. The only difference I can see is that when I clicked on the Color Picker Tool in Beta 2 a black dropper was provided for me to click on my color sample. In Beta 3 there is instead 4 white lines, one pointing in each direction.

San, does it still not work for you in Beta 3?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Offline Linda2

Re: Beta 3 Color Picker Does Not Work ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:55:29 am »
no, Lynn.  Color picker has worked well for me so far.  Sorry you are still having this problem.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:14:05 am »
my colour is working as it should
the picker in the colour tab  fills the small swatch to the right of the picker
the picker in the tools  fills the shape  both work as they should.

sorry Lynn  i wish i could help if there is any thing you want me to try just say.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:21:56 am »
That's something I forgot to mention. The dropper from the Color Picker Tool fills the Fill with black. I'll modify my original post to include that.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:43:14 am »
does it fill with black no matter what colour you pick
and  is  the colour picker works the same  in the pixel persona.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 09:10:54 am »
It  fills the Fill with black no matter what color I pick.
There is no Tool in Pixel Persona, but I tried the dropper from the Color Panel, and it does not work (color box stays dark gray).

Offline San

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 01:31:30 pm »
Lynn that is one of the first things I have checked as I hated using the colour picker or changing colours.

The only thing I find that does not work with any of the colour pickers if you pick a colour when you have an image opened in the work space it turns it to black.

But if that image is on the document you are working with it picks up the colours with all the colour pickers.

I now also can click on the swatches and they change colour instead of crashing.

Hope I have expained myself.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 02:11:47 pm »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
that is the same for me too .
outside of my document in the workspace i have a red ellipse but the pickers will not pick the colour ..it comes out a dark grey .but anything that is on my document  the pickers will pick the colour
 this is strange because both pickers can be dragged outside of AD and will sample colours but not in the working area around the document.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 02:51:34 pm »
If I am reading yours right tee, you can show a color outside the document but the color picker will not sample it?  I have tried every which way but each time I drag an object off  the document it loses all color.... and although it shows there is something there ( a bounding box is actually around the object in the workspace although I could not capture it in a screenie) it shows no color until I drag it back onto the document. Is this what you all are getting?

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »
Linda, the default for AD is "Clip to Canvas". You have to uncheck it in order for the portion of your object that is off the drawing page to show. I'm not sure if this is what you are showing, though, because you do have an outline of the object showing off the page. I thought it worth mentioning, anyway.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 03:11:05 pm »
San and Teejay,

I think the behavior San brought up is a separate problem from the one I have been talking about here. I think it is best to report on only one problem at a time as a bug. If I don't get a response in this thread that someone else is having the same problem I have described, I will go ahead and report it as a bug tomorrow.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 03:16:22 pm »
gotcha!  Yes, mine was checked and color did show , as expected, when unchecked and the object was pulled off the document.  I am going to leave mine checked since I am used to working that way so far, but it certainly is good info and I did not know it.  Thanks Lynn.

Offline San

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 03:54:04 pm »
Sorry  Lynn you have not got your problem worked out but at the moment mine are working so far I just hope they keep on working and not cause crashes and select the colours I want them too.

I only have the one problem now.

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 04:04:42 pm »
I wouldn't wish my problem on anyone, San!

Maybe you and Teejay can write up your problem as a bug.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »
Lynn, I haven't had any problems with the color picker.   It works fine.  Both of them.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)