Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: AD problems  (Read 508 times)

Offline MargaretTopic starter

AD problems
« on: August 31, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
When I open AD for some reason it seems to snap to the upper left of my screen and I can't get it to open. I have tried everything, even to reinstalling it, but it doesn't want to work. Not being computer savvy I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?? Have posted 2 screenshots so you can see what I mean.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MaryLou

Re: AD problems
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 04:28:33 pm »
Margaret, does it only happen in AD?  If so, that eliminates the computer being the problem.  Do you, by any chance, have AD set to open full screen?

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 04:58:32 pm »
MaryLou it only happens with AD. Also, probably a  dumb question, but how do I set AD to open full screen??

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:27:59 pm »
Margaret, it works the same way in all windows.  Those icons in the upper right corner.  The one below shows a full open window.  Have you tried using your cursor to resize the window down a bit?

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »
MaryLou, I have tried that but can't get it to change. It is so weird though, because it was working fine this morning until I closed it down. Could it be because it was closed down with snapping open? I am just clutching at straws now!!!!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:15:03 pm »
The snapping shouldn't make any difference. Try doing a reinstall. That will usually clear things up.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 09:20:44 am »
MaryLou, I tried reinstalling, no go. I have installed todays update still the same. I am at a complete loss now!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 11:20:35 am »
Margaret, when you get the window where you set up your document, and you click OK, what happens?  I can see the actual program is being opened.

The new version is picking up something from your settings.  I would totally uninstall AD and delete all the files in the appdata area, anything in the Programs and Programs (86) folders that relate to AD. Then run Ccleaner to remove all info from the registry.  Then reinstall the latest version.

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 12:17:39 pm »
 :yeah: MaryLou, that worked beautifully. Thank you so much. Now I am back in business again.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 02:13:55 pm »
Great!!!   Sure glad I could help!  That's what I do when all else fails.. I remove everything, clean the registry and start over. That works every time. :yes03:

Online Teejay

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
I am soooooooooo impressed I have been trawling the net to see if there were any answers....
That was magic...

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 02:55:31 pm »
Sure was!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »
Must be my  :wiz: blood!!!  :laugh5: :elmo: :bouncy: :party2:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)