Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Affinity  (Read 552 times)

Offline VickigTopic starter

Affinity
« on: November 18, 2016, 03:39:25 pm »
Ok, just got back to my home for the winter, for awhile at least, lol, anyway, I haven't even learned half the stuff on DrawPlus and now another new program???? It looks awful hard! I got the email to buy with the free extras. Is it worth it? Is the program kind of like DrawPlus? Any easier or a lot harder?
Thanks for any info....
Life is like an onion, you peel one layer at a time and sometimes you cry....VickiG

Offline Bill

Re: Affinity
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »
This program AD is so easy to use, I highly recommend it. A lot better than Draw Plus and can do more things with it also affinity has a new beta program called Affinity Photo this program is used for restoring  and enhancing photos and old photos, it is free for the download and use, 
Hugz Bill

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:21:09 am »
It is just as good as Draw Plus but has more in in it you will love it  so it is worth buying and you will get all the help here.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 01:17:13 am »
 :wideeye01:  good grief  where have you BEEN...lol

ok  you know i said drawplus was better than PI ...well AD is better than drawplus ...get it.
and you couldnt be back at a better time
we are starting over and learning  AD properly i havent posted the first project yet so.... get it
it isnt hard  and it is such good fun
and like bill says the beta is now out for the  Affinity photo which is free while we all test it ;
(bill thinks its just for photos shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... i have other plans ...teehehhe)
so  c'mon give your laughter muscles a treat and come and join in....

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:24:12 pm »
Welcome back, Vicky!!  Much has happened in your absence.  DrawPlus has been discontinued so we went with Affinity Designer. It just came out with their very first version this week!!  Talk about perfect timing!!  It is an awesome program.  We've all been beta testing it for months and now, they finally released it. It's definitely worth the money.

We will be starting over from the beginning with their new tuts. Teejay is the forum moderator so we're all going to learn and re-learn.  She has not yet posted the first project so you got here just in time.  Go buy it!  It's not hard, it's just different!!  :praise53:

Offline VickigTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:28 pm »
Well I bought it because I had a paypal credit of 30.00 so it didn't cost me much! lol But I have no idea what I am doing!!!

Will there be any glitter brushes like in DP? I liked them! Anyway, hopefully I can learn something before I leave again! :cancan:
Life is like an onion, you peel one layer at a time and sometimes you cry....VickiG

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 01:31:11 pm »
Vicky, since this is brand new, we really don't know what all it will have. They will be adding more tools as they go. This is just the first release of the program so we're all pretty much in the dark as to what it will have but I'm sure it will be good!  :cancan:

Offline Martina

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 01:42:06 pm »
I do not know, whether you have access to this page on Skillshare without being a registered member, but here somebody experimented to get the glitter effect in AD:

https://www.skillshare.com/classes/design/Metallic-Magic-Create-Digital-Foil-Textures-From-Scratch/734650498/projects/58033

These glitters do look nice, don't they?

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 02:39:55 pm »
they look awesome ...i want to make brushes ..(in the future ) so much to do first like learn how to make brushes lol

such an exiting time.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)