Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Resizing the Canvas  (Read 258 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Resizing the Canvas
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »
I finally found time today to finish the first part of the assignment on resizing  and borders.  I'm not so sure I like the resizing part.  It doesn't actually resize, it crops!  When I think of resizing an image, I am thinking to resize the entire image.  In Photo, that feature crops the image (which can be nice) but somehow, to me, that is not resizing.

I played with it for quite a while trying out the resizing by selecting different areas on that little square with the boxes on it and got some good results, but again, I call that cropping since it eliminated part of my image. Did anyone else notice this?

Offline Bill

Re: Resizing the Canvas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
I have had no problems doing a resize of the document, but on the canvas yes
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Resizing the Canvas
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:35:46 pm »
Same here, Bill - resizing the document made perfect sense but resizing the canvas did not. The reason it didn't make sense is because it didn't actually resize the canvas, it cropped it.  There's a big difference in resizing an image and in cropping it.

I was surprised when I resized my photo and the top part of it disappeared. Yes, I know it's non-destructive but to me, that was a crop, not a resize.  I hope they change that - it's really not good.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)