Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Little Bug to be aware of  (Read 316 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Little Bug to be aware of
« on: April 04, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
When doing one of the Challenge projects, the tutorial had us make some small white circles, then apply a Soft Light to them. When I saved mine, the Soft Light effect disappeared.  So, I did some experimenting to find out why.

First time, saved as .png with Whole Document selected and the circles were transparent.   
Second time, saved as .png with Selection With Background selected and the circles were transparent. 
Third time, saved as .png with  Selection Without background selected and the circles were NOT transparent.

To me, this didn't seem right.  The image should not change no matter how it's saved.  So, I reported it as a bug on the Affinity site.  I got a reply this morning and here's what they said:

Hey MaryLou,

We've just reproduced this with our own document. I'm not entirely sure why the circles are solid when you have a solid coloured background.

I have queried this with development and I'll update you if I get an explanation or bug confirmation - thanks! :)

So, it looks like we might have a bug!  Just wanted you all to be aware of this so you know where the Soft Light went if you try the tutorial).  Will let you know if I get more info.

Offline Grethe

Re: Little Bug to be aware of
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
 :thanks06:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
Thanks for bringing this into the light MaryLou. Hopefully this little bug will be zonked soon.   

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »
whack it MaryLou  stamp on it spit at it ...flatten it with a rolled up newspaper ..........

we dont want no bugs.

its a great find.  :thumb3:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »
 :thanks06:  will  keep an eye out for follow up

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 06:57:47 PM »
LOL!!!  Teejay, I sure wish I had the energy to do all that!!!  However, the only way I can fight a bug is with my keyboard... and report the little critter! :elmo:

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »
The latest from Chris on the Affinity forum is.....
Well the bug report has already been assigned to a developer which is usually a good sign. It's a great spot though - thanks!

So, hopefully, it will be fixed in the next upgrade!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwww

Offline San

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:02:25 PM »
Glad we have Detective MaryLou on the case.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 05:28:16 PM »
It's kind of fun finding a bug!!   I think there's another one but I have to do a bit more research.   When you select, for example, one of the Pantone palettes, then select a color, it closes the palette and puts the one color on the recent used colors.  The problem with that is, I tend to forget which one of the Pantone palettes I selected.   However, if I select it a second time, then it will "stick" until I change it.   It shouldn't disappear after being selected.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 01:56:30 AM »
Thanks for the update MaryLou. This is one critter that needs to go.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)