Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Jaggies  (Read 1314 times)

Offline SherylC

Re: The Jaggies
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 11:43:13 am »
Adobe has out-priced themselves, no doubt about it.  I get the software at a huge reduction as part of the Education pricing plan. I can either pay for a download or boxed version. As long as I can download the complete programme then I would be foolish not to continue upgrading. If Adobe stops making full programme downloads available in favour of PS users switching to a monthly plan, then I shan't be signing up. Again, I can get cheaper monthly rates but I don't feel like paying for using a bunch of PS of Adobe programmes such as illustrator and Lightroom that I already have.

I really like AD and use it more than I use PS these days. Though I will always love PS being honest! lol

Teejay...Serif seem to be a pretty decent company from my experience. Their software is reasonably priced and hope it stays that way. I guess the flip side is if they push up the prices due to popularity, they may risk previous switchers (from PS to AD) switching back to PS again.

Hang in there the Mesh tool is coming! lol

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 02:03:38 pm »
Me too!  I don't feel like I'm trying to deal with a HUGE company. These people are so down to earth and always willing to talk to you at no charge.  I just hope they add more tools to AD like the ones we had in DrawPlus.  That was a really top of the line program that could do just about anything!

I'm even starting to like A Photo.  The problem I have with it is, it loads so slow!! And, it's very slow when loading in an image.   I wish Photo had an assets studio!

Offline SherylC

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 12:53:41 pm »
MaryLou, the more I use AP the more I like it. It is fuss-free. I have bucket loads of stuff to learn but it's a neat programme.  :yes01:

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »
I just started using it and even though I'm not really into photos, there are other nice features there... the mesh for one!  I especially ike that I can take files from AD and put them into AP and back again. The both read each others file type.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)