Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Serif Software PagePlus X9  (Read 610 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Serif Software PagePlus X9
« on: August 17, 2017, 02:15:47 pm »
Was out looking around for stuff on Amazon.com and found they have PagePlus X9 for a whopping $18.39!!  That's hard to imagine considering it was like 2 years ago, it was $119.  I know it's going to be discontinued but it will be good for a number of years yet to come.

If you do any kind of work such as creating flyers, newsletters, web pages, tutorial writing, etc, it's the perfect program.  It's typical of the Serif line - easy to learn and easy to use.

If there's any interest in learning how to create your own web pages, I would be willing to hold a workshop to show you how.  Of course, you'd need the program but I can show you how to do it in just a few lessons.  If you don't have your own domain or web site, I can host a few small sites for you.  It would be nice to have more tutorial writers for sure!!  Leave your comments here and let's see where this goes.

Online Teejay

Re: Serif Software PagePlus X9
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:08:51 am »
wow thats cheap even though i have x9 i was thinking of buying it again at that price

i LOVE my page plus..i made my own website  under MLs tutorlidge and of i can do  it you yellow bellies can too....lol

looky...this is my drawplus webbyworld  i know its obsolete now but i love my little webby corner all made with PP.
   http://hosted.wwell.net/teejay/dp/

i have a AD one too but it hasnt got much...

i have just had a thought ...please ml   please will you tell me how to make a second page ..one i can put my images i make on like a gallery ....i have no idea where to start with that
then i can have my tutty page first and my gallery  as a second page and a third page for chocolate donations. :laugh8: :praise52:

Offline Marilyn

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:31:20 am »
Oh Wow, Teejay! I hadn't seen your Draw Plus tutorials! Your images are absolutely beautiful and those tutorials look awesome. I can see why everyone loved the program. I only have a Mac now, but I always had Windows before. I don't think the Page Plus program would work for me but hopefully it won't be long before there is a similar Affinity program.  :bouncy:
I have plenty to learn in the meantime! :/

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 03:25:48 am »
PagePlus is 20 in the Uk, which is around $30. I wouldn't mind purchasing it but want it for $18.39 and wonder what the difference is between PagePlus and Publisher (which I have and rarely use).

Teejay, I adore those cups. You drew them in DrawPlus but created the webpage in PagePlus, is that right?

Serif did away with WebPlus and Drawplus just after I purchased them so always a bit hesitant about buying any more of their products.

Online Teejay

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 03:30:35 am »
i bet the robbingVAT bandits have added their blood money on and that is why we are paying so much more ...

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 03:33:52 am »
Probably Teejay. That's one thing about visiting the USA that bugs me bigtime!. The tax they slap on to your purchases. I've already paid tax on my earnings in the UK so to be taxed again in the USA is a blumming cheek!  When you try and claim it back, there's so many restrictions about it that's it's not worth the hassle of claiming!   

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 06:30:11 am »
I still have my PP X9...and if you start over again, ML., I AM IN!  :elmo:

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 09:21:39 am »
Teejay, your page is AWESOME!!!  I love, love, LOVE your teacups!  You had an easy win!!  Some of the other entries were nice but... yours was far nicer!!  I will see if I can set something up to show you how to make that second page.  There's more you need to do on your first page too because if someone puts it in their favorites, instead of saying Teejays Web Page, it now says "Home".  Maybe I'll open up that area again as soon as this renovation is done.

PagePlus has been discontinued and will eventually be replaced with AffinityPage but that's a long way down the road. In the meantime, you just cannot beat it for the price.  It has some really good editing tools for images too.

Sheryl, I know what you mean about the tax!!  It's different in each state and in each town!  The state puts out a set tax rate but cities can add to it.   5 states (Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon) do not levy a statewide sales tax, while California has the highest state sales tax with a base rate of 7.25%.  They add all kinds of taxes on to things.  We pay higher tax in Sacramento.  The only thing that is not taxes is food.  If I buy a gallon of water, I pay a tax on the bottle.  We pay a tax on all soda and drinks of that type. We're supposed to be able to get that back by saving the bottles but... we never get back what we paid.  They pay us back by weight rather than the actual price.  I just purchased a new dresser. The tax on it was $24 and some change.

There's also a hotel tax in many places. And  entertainment tax when you buy tickets to an event.  It's Tax, tax, tax!!  And we have the world's worse health care! 

Oh.... there's a huge difference in PagePlus and Publisher!  PagePlus is like using DrawPlus - easy to learn!  Publisher doesn't put out good HTML. - I've used Publisher in the past when there wasn't anything else available but it's not nearly as intuitive as PagePlus. 

Online Teejay

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 09:37:57 am »
i so love page plus ..i do i do i do... :floozie1:

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 10:07:51 am »
me too, me too, me too!!!!

My new floor is going in right now!!  Exciting... can't wait until it's finished!  I want my home back in order.. .I want the bedroom OUT of the living room!!!  They should be done before noon my time. Yeaaaaa!!!

Online Teejay

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 11:15:26 am »
Great news.   We ger you back once you have the furniture back...yeeeeeeebaw.

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:41 pm »
I"m going to open the PagePlus section back up so I can see what we've done and where we left off.  Then we can get on to the page 2 thingy for you.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »
Bbbbut I don't remember..... :blackcat:
Can we start on page 1, please.  :floozie1:

Offline San

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 01:43:00 pm »
I love my page plus as well  Sheryl I have publisher  but page plus is so easy to work with especially writing tutorials and so easy to make a Web page.

Sheryl if you go TO Serif HERE it is pretty cheap to download this is where I bought mine from.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 03:37:39 pm »
Grethe, if you need a refresher, you can go back through the past projects. That will catch you up.  I'm going to have to do that myself because I don't remember where we left off.  It should all be visible at the bottom of the forum.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)