Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Photos of Las Vegas - SherylC  (Read 529 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

Re: Photos of Las Vegas - SherylC
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 01:26:12 AM »
Yes, that's her...Meghan Markle, an American Actress (Suits). Never heard of her until Harry met Meghan! lol

Standards...pardon the pun have been dropping for several years....Charles & Camilla are a prime example. However, I think William and Kate are really lovely people and do a lot of the younger generation in terms of being role models.   

Offline Teejay

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 01:35:03 AM »
i cant stand them ...they cant be role models though can they... not really ..unless you are an up and coming brat and want to  lord it over the whole country ...then maybe they could be a role model.  :laugh8: :laugh2:
i think my neighbors dog wants to do that.  :pointy:

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »
LOL....you make me giggle Teejay.  I do like some of the Royal family, as I think they are good for the country in terms of tourism. BUT, think they probably earn far too much!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 01:45:52 AM »
nope not for me
i met  a royal one face to face to speak to.i wasnt impressed and i left little to no impression on them either.
i was one of the unwashed in their eyes... nope they can shove it. :thumbsup:

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:43 AM »
Tell me more Teejay  :cancan: Who did you meet and why. I know, I'm noisy! lol

I saw Prince Di who was opening a house for people with Down Syndrome on our street many years ago. I couldn't get over how tall and skinny she was. At that time it was all going on with Charles...she was suffering with Bulimia and depression. Later I saw her being driven off and she was searching in her handbag for something and I wondered if she was looking for her "fags"!  :elmo:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 05:57:35 AM »
princess Margaret...  i was with a dance company and she 'graced ' us with her divine countenance...

we had to bob curtsy and hold our hand out  if she touched your hand you could look up and only reply if she spoke to you...
she touched the lad next to me..so i thought i was of the hook  she said ' you were very graceful' to him
she touched mine i looked straight into the eyes  of her royal haughtiness  her lips were one painted straight line and all she said to me was mmmmmmmmmmm. ...... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...???? the cheecky mare ..
i didnt say anything cos what you dont see is the billions of security around them that are truly scary and intimidating

i was about 19 at the time ... she wasnt at all pleasant to the girls ....but the boys ...well that was a different story
yep  the whole lot have learned to play the fame  game BUT they are too far up their own butts for my liking
put them all on the 52 bus  going into the town centre where i live and they will soon buck up.

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 06:03:15 AM »
Oh really?.  Margaret was the carbuncle (oops sorry Charles! lol) of the Royal Family. What with her shenanigans on  "Mystique".  Not very mysterious as it was all in the papers! lol

No need to hold Prince Harry's Invictus games in Canada, they can hold them in Newport, think that's where they invented them! They like a bit of fisticuffs and swashbuckling there. That would sort them out and they may be lucky and get a cuppa tea in A&E afterwards for their troubles!   :elmo:

Only joking..I love the Royals apart from one or two hangers on who do very little!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »
Over here, it's all about Princess Diana.  I just turn the channel. I get so frustrated with seeing it on every channel.  The week of her death, every channel is filled with stuff about her. 

I had a lot of admiration for her - that is until she came on American TV and aired her dirty laundry. That was so beneath someone of her position to discuss her sex life and her troubles in her marriage.  I think she was trying to get her side out before the tabloids did.  Don't know how she could have lowered herself to be less than a commoner with those appearances.  Have not watched anything about her since.

I do love all the fanfare that goes on when something happens in the royal family though and I still want to have tea with HRH!   :laugh2:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
well ...good luck with that ML... :laugh8:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 12:18:51 PM »
We had a member here at one time who lived in Jersey.  She was supposed to get me an invite!   :laugh2: :laugh2:  She has met the Queen and her daughter gave the queen a bouquet of flowers.   So, she was going to put in a good word for me the next time she saw HRH.  I'm still waiting!!!  That has been at the top of my bucket list ever since I watched her coronation when I was a teen. :cancan: :cancan:  Of course, back then, we country kids had no clue how big the world is and that people like her only have important people to tea!  :blackcat:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
you are important to me ML much more than that stuck up old trout will ever be.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »
Awwww, Teejay, you always say the nicest and most uplifting things!    I can't imagine HRH as an old trout though! :laugh8: :laugh8:  I actually feel sorry for her. She has lived her entire life in a fishbowl.   Never got to go out and do the fun things that teenagers like to do and can't be seen in public in an old pair of jeans or even a new pair for that matter.  She must look appropriate at all times.  How I would hate that!  She has to be careful about every word that comes out of her mouth because if someone doesn't like it... out comes headlines in the Daily Mail news rag.

The poor woman can't even walk out her front door without someone with a camera trying to get a photo.   She can't say bad words in public.  She can't even go to town to go shopping by herself.   I would hate living that way but she does, and she does it very well.  I can't imagine what her life must be like.  I wouldn't trade her, that's for sure!! :no-no:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »
i bl1ddy would i would buy a double and have the time of my life

don't feel sorry for her

she travels the world has never felt hungry  has never washed up or washed her husbands undies
she has never vaced worried about where the rent money is going to come from
she doesnt have to drive or go to the hairdresser ...she has a dresser to help her to put her shoesies on her toesies ...

she has horses, holidays, cars, boats ,planes, jewels, property, money, clothes, she has servants and a bl1ddy HUGE family ...
her family  are from all over the world YOU are more english than our royals ...
she has dress makers hat makers cobblers  blacksmiths vets doctors dentists kitchen staff cooks and chefs  ..

she may have to dodge the press she may have to watch what she says in public ...but so what ...i could do that...
nope no sympathy that lot have had it too well buttered for far to long... the limpets.

you are too nice .... and i love you for it.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 11:19:26 PM »
But...but...  can you imagine how boring it would be to live like that?  I would feel so useless!  She can't just run out to a pub to grab a cold one.. she doesn't have those kinds of freedoms. She inherited what money can buy as well as her position.  She didn't have a choice.   We have whatever we want, go when we want, go where we want, do what we want.  I wouldn't trade those freedoms for all the money in the world.   It would be fun for a few weeks but year after year of doing nothing?   Naw... I couldn't do that. I gotta be me!! :laugh8:

She did serve in the military though - was most likely never in any kind if danger and she sure looked happy.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2017, 11:34:05 PM »
She isnt on stage all the time you know.... And she could step down ...and let some other offspring leach of the country

Abdicate... But nooooooo. No no no no.....

I believe she is very comfortable doing what she does... If she wasnt i don't think she would do it. They all want to have a go at her job so it cant be hard.   Lol.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)