Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: At the Movies  (Read 124 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

At the Movies
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
I haven't been to the movies in a long time so my daughter and I decided to go today.  We both wanted to see the movie.  As usual, we walked up to the window to purchase our ticket.  The lady behind the window took our money, then asked us where we wanted to sit.  She had a computerized screen in the window showing the empty seats. That seemed strange to me and it didn't look like very many seats were in there!  We found out later, there are only 52 seats in the theater. 

So, we picked our seats, got some popcorn and a drink, then went to find our seats.  To my surprise, the aisle that you usually wiggle down sideways to get to your seat was now a full 4.5 feet wide!!   The seats were huge oversized theater chairs - all leather and they reclined WAY back.   You could go almost prone in it.  The seats were extra wide with huge padded arms so you weren't bumping eyes with your neighbor.  The seat reclined at the touch of a button.  I have never seen anything like this!!  Almost made one feel like royalty!! 

In our theater, which is really huge, they might have as many as 16 movies playing in various rooms.  In the past, you could walk out of the movie you were watching and just walk into another one without paying.  They re-designed the the insides so now, as I said, there are only 52 seats perr room with a large area at the back for those in wheel chairs.   Once the movie starts, the ushers get the seating chart  and they go do a headcount several times during the movie to make sure no one has sneaked in.   It was sooooo comfortable!!  And the way the seats are made, you don't have to worry about someone taller sitting in front of you.

I have a feeling I will be going to the movies more often!   Do you guys have this type of theaters too? :floozie1:

Online Teejay

Re: At the Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 12:50:26 am »
yes in the big movie theaters we have that and i have sat in one of those reclining chairs with my feet up like a princess ..i wanted to take the whole room and chairs home with me... i loved it
what movie did you see.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 11:36:15 am »
Haven't seen a movie in.....about 30 years, so I've no idea!  :laugh8:
Last time was with my son, watching Star Wars. Am I old?! Oh NO!!  :laugh8:

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:52 pm »
We have Movie theatres  but you pay extra in the theatres that have reclining chairs.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 03:12:46 pm »
We went to see "Home, Again" with Reese Witherspoon.  It was okay but not one I would pay to see again.  Had a few good laughs but each scene was very predictable. 

The one reason this was such a surprise is because we went to that same theater in February for my birthday.  I've never seen anything like it in a movie theater!  Was also surprised that the ticket matinee price for seniors was the same, $8.50.  With all that luxury, I would have thought more like $15!!  However, they make big bucks at the concession stand. One small soda and a small popcorn was $10.65! 

Next time I go, I'll be taking a larger purse that has a soda and some popcorn tucked away inside!!  :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I am still in awe of the comfort of sitting in that huge oversized leather chair and laying back with my shoes off and feet up watching a movie.  Like Teejay, I felt how the rich and royals must feel!!  Very enjoyable!  :stars: :stars:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 07:38:22 am »
Sounds like you had a great time especially with the luxury of the Theatre. I've been taking my own eats to the Theatre or Cinema for a long time. 3 or 4  for a bag of Chocolate Eclairs...as opposed to 1 in Tesco, or 2p in Lidl!...just joking 49p!

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:03:25 pm »
We're not allowed to take our own food in because that's how they make their money.  But.. if we don't use a huge purse...  we can sort of sneak it in.  What we've done other times is, take extra empty bags, then buy a medium size popcorn and split it into our bags.    It was a fun experience, that's for sure!! :floozie1: :floozie1:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)