Affinity Forums ::: PIRC Facebook Affinity ::: PIRC Webpage
PIRC YouTube Channel ::: Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: be back soon - Teejay  (Read 171 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

be back soon - Teejay
« on: June 08, 2022, 04:28:53 AM »
i have a hospital appointment for my op
its Tuesday the 14th
that is next week and i am 'Bricking ' it  ( a local term meaning filling your underwear)

i am going to be having a stone/blockage removed from my ...wait for it.... Pancreatic bile duct ... :thud:

San is going to look after you  while i am gone
i will miss you but i shouldn't be gone long

see ya x

Offline Joy

Re: be back soon - Teejay
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 04:43:48 AM »
am and will be thinking of you
and take clean undies with you
lots of love
joy
boott12 by joy marshall, on Flickr

Offline Lynn

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 06:39:39 AM »
Glad you finally got an appointment to have those stones removed, Teejay!

We'll miss you!

Offline Linda2

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 08:04:58 AM »
 :flowersmile:
Oh yes, I am glad you are finally getting to have this done.  You will be missed...you know that.  I do hope you won't have to wear one of these.  Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery kiddo
The greatest mistake we  make is living in constant fear that we will make one

Offline Rege

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 09:05:01 AM »
Teejay, we will all be thinking of you on the 14th and then looking forward to your return. In the meantime, take good care of yourself.   :flowersmile:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 10:04:48 PM »
I'm so glad you get to have this resolved finally!  I'll be thinking of you!!  (I have to admit, Linda 2 got me laughing thinking about you with that lampshade type thing !  Lol)

Offline Majse

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 02:58:59 AM »
Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery Teejay  :flowersmile:

Offline Joy

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 07:16:58 AM »
see you are back, be a good girl and do as you are told

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 12:11:49 PM »
Wow!  I've never heard of that kind of an operation but if it's going to make you feel better, go for it!!  I hope all comes out okay and that you have a quick recovery!!  I think I'm going to look that one up on the net!

I had my eye surgery last month, cataracts removed from both eyes.  I was scared to death because I was afraid something would go wrong and I would be blind.  All that worry for nothing!!  The worst pain of the entire ordeal was having the IV needle put into the vein.

I had to sleep with goggles on at night for a week so I didn't rub the eyes in my sleep which was a bit uncomfortable but short lived.  The results of the surgery were absolutely shocking!!  I couldn't believe how bright and colorful the world was!  It's like someone turned on a high intensity light bulb.  When I got home, my daughter turned on the kitchen light and I was horrified!  The kitchen is all white and it was so bright that it hurt to look at it (that was day 1). That's when I freaked out because I could see all the fingerprints and such around the handle areas on the cabinets!  I always thought my kitchen was super clean!  What a shock. It took about a week before the brightness became normal.

I love that I can see my TV without glasses and my computer screen too.  I actually miss wearing my glasses though. They have been a part of my face for so many years!   I have decided to go back to the glasses though.  I do a lot of tiny closeup work, and for that, I  need to wear "readers". They have become a real pain in the neck because if I am wearing them, and I look up, I have to take them off.  Then put them back on when I look down.  My new prescription will be plain glass on top and reader strength on bottom.  Being fitted this coming week.

The great thing about having the glasses is, I can see to drive my car! Before, I couldn't see the license plate on the car in front of me unless I was right on top of it. Now I can see for miles.  The ironic thing is, my daughter has forbidden to let me drive my car!  Just because I ran over a curb, and I almost hit the tree in my front yard, and the last time around, I backed into the side of my home, she thinks i am not capable of driving!  :stars: So, she drives her car to my house, then gets in my car to drive me where I have to go. The reason for that is, she has a little sports convertible and it has no place for my walker. So, I am now the passenger in my own car.  Life sure can be funny!!  :cheer3:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Linda R

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 12:42:14 PM »
Mary Lou, so glad you can see again!  I had the cataract surgery years ago, I was young for it at 48.  They made me take a pregnancy test!  Lol  It made such a difference, I don't know why they make people wait until it is so bad before they will take care of them.   I still wear my glasses too for the close up stuff but I can see far away just fine! 

Offline San

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »
Glad to see that you are okay MaryLou and posting to let us know how you are I have heard other say the same when they have had their cataracts removed.

So glad everything went okay. 

Offline Joy

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 11:52:06 PM »
gald you can see better and BRIGHTER, i wear dark glasses to lessen the white light...
onwards and upwards MARY LOU

love joy

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 10:28:41 PM »
I was at a place where I could not see my TV Guide even with glasses unless I was about 5 feet directly in front of the TV.  Even though I had insurance to help cover the cost, it would still have been more than I could begin to pay. However, I was lucky enough to get into a Medical Financial Assistance program where they would cover ALL of my medical cost including the surgery and all my medications for one year. One of the meds is $799 for 2 inhalers and I need one per month so believe me, I was really happy to have this opportunity even if it wasn't long term.

I was scheduled for surgery 2 years ago in April - then came COVID!  Everything was canceled. No surgery but they still paid all of my other medical stuff.  Last August, I re-applied and explained what happened with the surgery and asked if they could please cover it now since I was not able to do it through no fault of my own.  They were so nice...  they covered everything again until this August.  I won't be able to get it again though but I am happy with what I have.

I go tomorrow for a fitting for glasses.  The financial aid won't cover the glasses but my HMO gives us a $350 allowance.  My daughter got new ones last year (same HMO) and she still ended up, after the allowance, paying $200.  I'm prepared for that. They charge extra for bifocals and the ones that go dark when you're in the sun but that's okay.  I honestly miss my glasses!  It's funny, I used to put them on so I could see, now I take them off so I can see!

According to my doctor, I will never get another cataract.  They do not grow on the material that they use in the eyes.  There's a bit of a floater in the left eye but I think it will eventually go away.  It keeps getting lighter all the time.

Next step is new dentures! My HMO will cover most of that but each plate will cost me $400.  I have had the same ones for almost 20 years and you're supposed to replace them every 6 years!   I got my very first ones 61 years ago!   Now if I could just get rid of the wrinkles!!  My brain still works well and I'm pretty able bodied with the exception of emphysema, but I keep that pretty much under control.

I am enjoying doing paper crafts and learning to quill.  All my life, it's been digital art. Now, it's real stuff!!  Here's a little crate that I finished a few days ago.  Made entirely of cardstock and glue.  I want to put little black handles on the ends and they should arrive tomorrow.  I have no clue what I will do with it - was just fun to make, I guess!

Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline San

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 03:34:27 PM »
Glad everything is working out for you when you know how to get rid of wrinkles let me know I wish could get rid of them.
I love your crate I can see why you enjoying doing other things than digital.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 07:51:39 PM »
Love your crate, that is so pretty!  Sounds like you keep busy!!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)