Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Do Over Opinions  (Read 83 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Do Over Opinions
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:16:11 pm »
Okay, everyone, I think everyone has given the first Do Over Workshop a try.   Now, let's find out what you thought about re-doing an old project.  Did you find it easier this time around?  Did you struggle with using Shapes only, Were you bored to death? Was it beneficial to you? 

Honest opinion appreciated...  your thoughts? :tada:

Online Lynn

Re: Do Over Opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:47 pm »
For me, it was a brand-new project. Especially with the use of the wire frames. I had never used that feature in AD before, although I had seen them elsewhere. I enjoyed seeing the varied ways PIRC members approached the project. I definitely learned from it!

Offline Margaret

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 05:16:51 pm »
I definitely learned from it. Like Lynn, I didn't know about the wire frames.

Online Linda2

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »
Truth be told I had a very hard time using only shapes without converting them to curves and pulling them this way and that as I am wont to do.....that said however, I did it.... and it turned out to be a fun project.  I knew about the wire frame feature and had used it a time or so way back when I was pushing and pulling all the buttons, but it wasn't a feature that I had much use for so I never did it again.
 I am just addicted to AD....there.....I've said it.  I love using this program so I will try and participate on anything I can just to be a part of this fine group of folks.  I can always learn something new so I think if y'all want to continue to post them for us.....count me in on trying to do something with them.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 12:10:07 am »
always learning

Offline Nicky

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 01:19:51 am »
Same here. Always something to learn.

Offline Majse

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 01:49:12 am »
I consider myself a beginner so I am really glad you started this, ML. I don't think I would ever get to do the projects from the beginning alone

And I think it is fun to see your projects and read how much you miss the nodes. I hope I will learn to love them devils  :laugh1: :laugh1:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 07:29:25 am »
I found it hard not to Convert to Curves too but enjoyed the Do Over lesson using just shapes...back to basics.  I have no idea about Wire Frames...San mentioned it in reply to my post. So this Do Over lesson has brought something to my attention that I knew nothing about. I need to look into this. lol

Online Teejay

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 08:33:39 am »
I am like Linda  I love playing in AD
but I am usually involved in making sure the projects for the workshop are fun and run smoothly

I have totally forgotten what we did as workshops and am loving it ...
cant wait for the next one....roll on tues/wednesday

Offline Linda R

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 11:21:41 am »
I think this was fun.  I did go thru most of the workshops by myself when I started in the group but it is much more fun this way.  I did learn new things too and also found out how much I missed convert to curves and working with the nodes!!  I think the Do Over is a great idea.   :woof:

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 12:06:23 pm »
Thanks for all the comments!!!   I'm so glad to hear that you're getting something out of this.  I will try, where possible, to add any extra hints, etc that relate to the projects. We're all going to come out much better AD users in the long  :yes03: :jumper:run!!

Offline San

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 12:24:38 pm »
Well I learnt about the wire frame I had never used that so I think it is great to redo things as you will refresh your mind or learn something about A D that we did not know before.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 07:51:21 am »
Well, I didn't learn much with the first lesson (exept for READ instructions better  :look: ). I will continue the Do Over, at least when I got back home.
So, please, continue this, ML.  :yes01:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)