Affinity Forums ::: PIRC Facebook Affinity ::: PIRC Webpage
PIRC YouTube Channel ::: Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Problem with Cutting Out ~ Lynn  (Read 694 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Problem with Cutting Out ~ Lynn
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »
I was trying the second method of cutting out, where you use the Selection Brush, then, with the selection active, go to Edit - Copy and then open a second photo and paste.

When I do this I do not get just the active selection copied, I get the entire original photo pasted on top of the photo I want to use as a background.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Offline Linda R

Re: Problem with Cutting Out ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:23:44 PM »
I have not had that problem but I played around with a selection enough that the copy command was not available.  The only option was copy flattened.  After closing it and opening it again it was fine.  Did you try another image or to close that one and start over?

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:58 PM »
I tried cutting out a selection from another photo and got the same result. The whole original photo pasted.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »
I may have figured it out!  If you just "open" a photo, make your selection, copy and then paste, it works ok.

If you say "new" document and then "place" a photo on the new document, make the selection, copy, it pastes the whole photo.  Try and see if this works for you. 

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 08:31:46 PM »
I think you are right, as I did Place my photos. It's bedtime now, but I will give it another whirl tomorrow.

Offline Sheryl

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 06:38:06 AM »
I notice that both AP and AD act in a bizarre way when trying to save images that have had changes applied.  More so Effects to be fair.

Anyway glad that you got to the bottom of it Lynn and Linda, thanks both. 
Tomorrow is another 'stay at home' day. Enjoy the peace and tranquillity whilst we have it.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)