Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Color Picker Dropper Sticking to Cursor or Pen ~ Lynn  (Read 478 times)

Online LynnTopic starter

Color Picker Dropper Sticking to Cursor or Pen ~ Lynn
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:20:52 am »
I have had the Color Picker Dropper stick to the cursor with the pen or the mouse in use twice this morning using the new Beta. Had to close the program to shake it loose. I think I know what is happening. I suspect that if I have a shape selected (active) when I use the Dropper that it sticks. If I am careful to deselect the shape I am working on, no problem. Can someone try this and either confirm my idea or debunk it? Thanks.

Offline Linda2

Re: Color Picker Dropper Sticking to Cursor or Pen ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 01:08:08 pm »
BRB.....sorry Lynn, I tried every which way I could think of to get the color picker tool not to work....but each time I had no problem at all. I tried the color picker tool on the toolbar as well as the eye dropper tool on the right hand side. I even dragged them off the program to pick up colors on my desktop but both worked without a hitch. And each time I made sure the shape was active when using  the tool.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Online LynnTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 01:20:00 pm »
Thanks for giving it a try, Linda. It was worth checking.

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 01:58:50 pm »
so far when using the colour dropper I have not had it stick.

Online LynnTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »
Good to hear, San.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 03:12:14 pm »
I gave it a good run too, Lynn - no problems here.  :floozie1:

Online LynnTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 03:58:53 pm »
It hasn't happened again. Thanks for checking, MaryLou.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 11:32:43 pm »
Strange things seem to happen.  For example, last night, I was playing with different things and nesting them inside one another.  Did several and it worked fine.  Then, I did one and used a grouped object and it wouldn't go inside the other object.  It showed it was there in the layer palette but it was not visible.   So, I thought, maybe it's because it's grouped. 

Then I ended up asking Teejay about it...  she said she didn't have trouble. So, I tried it again today and it worked every single time. 

Online LynnTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 05:04:16 am »
Very true, MaryLou.

The dropper stuck to the cursor once more yesterday, for a total of three times in one day. I still don't have a clue as to what makes it do that.

Maybe today will be better.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 07:11:30 am »
if it happens  again try holding the alt key ...sometimes it helps right the wrongs...

i am still trying to get it to stick. but it doesnt so far.

just a thought
when weird stuff happens for me .. its when i have undone a step or few steps and then carried on.... sometimes it gets very odd after that...but not always.

Online LynnTopic starter

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 07:20:13 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, Teejay. If it happens again, I will try the Alt key.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »
Teejay, I think you might have just hit on something.  Remember, I said I couldn't put a grouped object inside of another object?  Well, I had done a bunch of Undo's so I didn't have to create a new image... just used the same one over a few times while putting different items inside.  I'll have to try that again, you might have found another one of those nasty bugs!!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)