Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Textures/Daub papers...Grethe  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Linda2

Re: Textures/Daub papers...Grethe
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 08:51:00 am »
 :painter: sounds to me kinda like "you say to-may-to and I say to-mah-to"  . I agree, there are two ways to do it. I tend to do it Robert's way more often but have done it tee's way too.  Both work. Thanks for starting a lively/useful discussion Grethe. I hope you enjoy your salmon/spinach whatchamacallit.    :dancegirl:

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 09:19:06 am »
ok i get it  :coffeecup2:  :coffeecup2::laugh5: :evil: :dance01:

Offline GretheTopic starter

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 09:43:30 am »
Had a lovely meal with white wine....It's Friday!!  :stars: :stars:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 03:12:38 pm »
Robert, I took your suggestion (in part) and the overlay works perfectly.  However, I didn't nest anything.

I have made styles using all of the DAUB bitmaps.  They are easier to work with because it only takes a click to change from one style to the next.  I have Volumes 1 and 2 all in my styles.

Here's how I use them:

I created a heart, copied and pasted it back.  Now I have two hearts.
I  selected the second heart in the Layers panel and applied a DAUB style to it. 
Switched to the first heart in the Layers panel and adjusted the blend mode.

That's it!  Very simple, at least for a new user.  I did go back to the Layers panel and adjust the texture a bit, then decided t change it to another one. Was easy - with the layer selected, I tried a number of different styles.

SueHonstain

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 04:40:50 pm »
Robert, I took your suggestion (in part) and the overlay works perfectly.  However, I didn't nest anything.

I have made styles using all of the DAUB bitmaps.  They are easier to work with because it only takes a click to change from one style to the next.  I have Volumes 1 and 2 all in my styles.

Here's how I use them:

I created a heart, copied and pasted it back.  Now I have two hearts.
I  selected the second heart in the Layers panel and applied a DAUB style to it. 
Switched to the first heart in the Layers panel and adjusted the blend mode.

That's it!  Very simple, at least for a new user.  I did go back to the Layers panel and adjust the texture a bit, then decided t change it to another one. Was easy - with the layer selected, I tried a number of different styles.

I'm saving this tip MaryLou.... :thanks07:

Offline GretheTopic starter

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 01:55:05 am »
I tested your way, ML, it works! Very well too!  :thanks07: :thanks07: :thanks07:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 05:27:08 pm »
I removed all the DAUB assets because I know I will never use then now that I have them all in the Styles.  No need to keep a lot of stuff there that I know I won't use. I exported them in my AD save areas so I can easily import back if I should want them.

SueHonstain

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 07:40:18 pm »
Good tip on exporting them out of assets when I'm done making styles of them MaryLou.  :thanks07: :stars:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)