Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Breaking Text Apart  (Read 144 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Breaking Text Apart
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »
Is there an option in AD to type something, then separate the letters into single characters?  Hope that makes sense.  In PhotoImpact, if I typed a word, it was just that, a single word.  But, there is an option to break the text into single letters.

I was doing some lettering the other day and didn't like how close the letters were to one another.  I couldn't find any kerning options and not much of anything else other than stretching and shrinking the text. 

Anyone know?? :help01:

Offline Linda2

Re: Breaking Text Apart
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »
I'm usually useless at answering questions such as this but I have done what you are asking by typing in a word and selecting "convert to curves".  That will break down each letter and I have made changes that way.....spacing, changing nodes, etc.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:22:07 pm »
Ahhh   yes, that will convert each individual letter to and individual object.  I knew it was in there somewhere, just couldn't remember where!   Just tried it and it works perfectly.  I typed the text, selected all of it and converted to curves.  It grouped it automatically so I had to ungroup so I could move each one separately. 

Thanks!!!!! :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

I sure hope they get some more features in AD soon because it really is lacking, especially if compared to DrawPlus. That had it all.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 05:14:33 am »
Not sure if this video on how to adjust spacing will help MaryLou. It says to place the cursor in the space you wish to adjust and press the Alt & Arrow keys to increase the width of spacing. Works a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jukri16eJ_c

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)