Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Suggestions Please - Teejay  (Read 940 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Suggestions Please - Teejay
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:44:50 am »
i would really like to know  if there is anything you would like to learn or do in the workshops  :elmo:
the workshop belongs to all of us and i thought it about time i asked

is there a tool you want more practice with or maybe something like layers work or adjustments.
is there any tutorials you have found and thought it would be good for all of us to do .
is there anything we have touched on but you would like more
in short
what would you like to do in the workshops
i was thinking each of us could sugest a tutorial to do ..
each month a sacrificial person is chosen and they get to choose a tutorial for us all to do.
then we lob smelly veg at them after....lol... only joking... sort of..

so c'mon out with it ... whats the score..

Offline Nicky

Re: Suggestions Please - Teejay
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:30:29 am »
Great idea TJ. I sure would like to learn more brushes. Also in AD creating shadows is difficult.  Are there any settings that someone has found great? like in PSP. That is one thing that I miss

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 06:49:19 am »
great suggestions ...which sort if brushes nicky  vector or pixel or both.
 i will have a think about the shadows thing
and am really interested to see how others make shadows  :elmo:

Offline Lin

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:57:22 am »
I'd go for both kinds of brushes TeeJay, but I do love the pixel brushes :)

Offline Nicky

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 07:33:12 am »
Well both TJ as I need a good basic work out. Intersted in doing fur , specificlaly the setting like Lynn the panda bear.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »
What a great idea, Teejay!!  I would like to see some uses for the Pixel side other than brushes.  What would one do with it and are there any tutorials so we can actually use it?

Not sure about picking someone to choose the next tut though.   How about asking for volunteers to sign up to find a tut.  When they find one they like, they can send it to you privately, then you can post it on your regular schedule and give them credit.   That would work.  :angel04:

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:03:46 pm »
yes  :elmo:  that is such a neat way of doing the link thingy

as for the pixels persona
there is so much in there  but very few tutorials ... i will see what i can find
if i cant find i will write em myself... :laugh8:

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:23 pm »
What a great idea I will have to look at more things to do in Pixel persona I will have to think about writing some tutorials.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 11:14:01 pm »
ohh yes please san...   :cancan:  yes please

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 02:35:31 pm »
San, go for it!!  We definitely need more "in-house" tutorials!!!

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday looking at various tutorials related to artboards.  Most of the video tuts are really terrible!  The guys think you need a full history lesson before they get started.  One guy was 4 minutes into the video and still hadn't started doing anything. I hate when they add the comparisons to other graphic programs.  I just go on to the next tut.   One guy mumbled so much you couldn't follow him, he wasn't prepared.  No one wants to sit and watch the trial and error stuff.

I need to write some more tuts too but right now, not only  is it hot enough to fry eggs on the street, my brain is feeling the same way!

So, how about it gang, let's go find some good tuts for Teejay to present!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Offline Lin

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 05:52:56 am »
my brain if fried too MaryLou.. not only is it too hot to think I've had a migraine for over a week... ugh.. talk about brain fog

Offline San

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 04:55:54 pm »
Hope you get rid of your migraine soon Lin.

Offline Lin

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 05:34:13 am »
thanks San, so far so good today, but only been up a few minutes.. usually after I wake up it takes it a short while to get worse, I'm hoping it stays just a slight one.. ?? who knows.. have another drs appt  next week.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 04:37:09 pm »
It's very rare that I have any kind of a  headache so I really don't know what a migraine is but I've heard they can be pretty bad.  Hope yours passes quickly!!! :wideeye:

Offline Lin

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 07:41:06 am »
well, MaryLou if you enjoy puking, not being able to stand light or noise.. lol you'd love a migraine. and yes I know being on a computer doesn't help. but being in dark quiet room didn't help either.. so might as well be on computer.. and it's better :)

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)