Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Suggestions Please - Teejay  (Read 939 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re: Suggestions Please - Teejay
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 05:39:11 pm »
I don't think I want one.  Actually, I don't personally know anyone who has ever had one!  I hear about them here and there but have no real knowledge of them.  Sort of like Mars - I know it's there but I've never been there to experience it!  Doesn't sound like fun so... I will pass on the experience.  Hope yours goes away fast!!

What is really bothering me is the spur in my heel. I keep icing and exercising.. some days it's fine, other times it's a real pain!! Worse than that though are the cramps I get at night.  I get really bad "charley horses" in my feet arches, ankles, lower legs, and hands. Have and a lot of that lately but don't know why - just know they last for like 5 minutes and hurt really bad.  Going to do some research to see what I can find.

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 12:39:24 am »
What are ...charley horses....  cramps

sounds like bad blood circulation to me...are your feet cold.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 12:51:08 pm »
I would like to learn more about Brushes too. How about making some Emoticons for a challenge Teejay?  I have never tried creating any in AD and you can never have too many. 

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 01:03:30 pm »
that is a fabulous suggestion.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 01:11:36 pm »
Teejay, a charlie horse i a really bad muscle cramp.  It feels like your muscle is going to tie up into a knot and it hurts so much you want to cry.

It's not from being cold - I sleep on a heated mattress.  I did some research and it said this can happen if you're not drinking enough water.  After thinking about it, that could be the problem.  I used to drink at least 4 bottles per day but in the last month or so, I've been drinking maybe 1 bottle at night.  So, am going to make myself drink at least two bottles and see if that helps.  I would think my 3 cups of tea per day would count for water (big 12 ounce cups) but I guess not!

Did not have any last night, first time in a long while but I didn't sleep very well either.   Comcast went down which meant no TV, no computer, and no phone.  It makes me very nervous when all the routes for communication are cut off.  Perfect time for the bad guys to attack.  It had been down for over 3 hours when I went to bed so no telling how long it was overall.   Anyway will try drinking more...  water, that is! :angel04:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 01:15:08 pm »
Emots could be fun so long as they are no larger than 50 or so pixels tall.    :stars: :like:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 03:57:54 pm »
Mary I just read that you drink one glass of water before going to bed and it will stop the cramps Something to do with the kindneys being lower than the legs when laying down ...

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18:09 am »
ohhhhhh one glass of water before bed... i will try that....maybe its because you will be moving your leggs going to the toilet through the night...but i dont care i will give it a go.  :thumb3:

Offline Lin

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 07:20:19 am »
yes I get leg cramps if I don't drink enough water.. Also I have to watch it because if I don't drink enough my kidneys just quit working and I end up in the hospital :(  it's happened twice now, the first time was because I was very ill, the second I guess I just didn't drink enough.. and yes TeeJay I run down the hall at least 2 times a night.. lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
I do drink some water before going to bed and I drink a full bottle during the night which amounts to a number of bathroom trips.   I drink enough water to keep my urine white instead of yellow.  That keeps my doctor happy. 

Water doesn't seem  to help.  About 3am, I got a really bad cramp in my left ankle!  It really REALLY hurt!  I got up and "danced" around and took an Ibuprofen and just kept walking until it finally stopped hurting.  The ankle is very sore today.  When I move it, it hurts.  Just before going to bed, I was slicing some cheese an my two middle fingers went into a spasm and I couldn't move them. They looked grotesque.  I quickly ran some hot water and soaked the hand until it relaxed again.   I think I'll try taking an ibuprofen at bed time. That's supposed to reduce any swelling. 

I don't mind getting old but darn, I hate the pain that goes with it! :no-no: :no-no:

Offline Lin

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 05:05:08 am »
oh yeah those finger/hand cramps hurt MaryLou.. and I get leg cramps easy also.. and I agree, getting old isn't the problem, it's the pain that goes with it.. ouch!!!  Saw a post on facebook, said "If I woke up in the morning and I didn't hurt, I'd think I was dead"  LOL yup

Offline Grethe

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 08:49:44 am »
Oh, it is so many things I would like to learn more about. Brushes, both, making good shadows, in AP more about masking and settings for RAW-files.
I can't help writing tutorials, too bad English.....and a bit to comfy I guess.  :laugh2: :no-no:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 12:02:36 pm »
Lin,  I got one of those killer cramps right where the leg bends on the back side of the knee.  I tried everything and it wouldn't stop. Walked the floors, jumped around as best I could and ended up taking a double dose of vicodin which eventually helped.  Got up this morning and can hardly walk.  The cramp is gone but the leg is so sore from being in distress like that.

Grethe - you're using your "English" to get out of writing a tut!! :pointy: :stars: :stars: :stars:  I can understand you and fix anything that's not properly stated so....  start thinking about writing one!!  :clap2: :clap2: :laugh2:

Offline Lin

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 06:43:54 am »
Ouch MaryLou, I haven't had any for a while, thank goodness, they sure hurt when they hit though :( hope your leg feels better. 
Grethe, your English is great.. I can't learn another language, for some reason my brain won't do it :( so I think anyone that can speak more than one language is  :praise70:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 09:57:31 pm »
That was one of the worse ones I've had. The leg is still sore where the cramp started.  I've been guzzling down lots of water but it's not helping.  I hate the ones that attack the ankles or arches on the foot.  Boy, they almost make me cry! 

I would love to know another language.  My mother always told me I spoke German before I learned English because we lived in a German community.  That's the language my grandmother spoke and apparently, she took care of me a lot.  I am trying to learn Spanish because we have so many people in this area from Mexico.  I use a program (free) called Dulingo and practice a few times a week.  I am 10% fluent in Spanish!  LOL!!  The other thing I do is when I'm scrolling through the TV listing, I see the Spanish station lineups too so I type them into Google translator so I can learn what it says.  I can read most of the names of the Spanish programs now. I would be a lot farther ahead in the lessons if I didn't keep going back and repeating the earlier ones but they say repetition is the best way to learn.   I learned quite a few Spanish words when I was working because we had mostly Hispanic people in our English as a Second Language classes.  The problem is, if you don't have a real person to practice with, the progress is much slower.  Mi nombre es MaryLou. ¡Buenas noches!   :stars:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)