Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Serif Software PagePlus X9  (Read 607 times)

Offline Majse

Re: Serif Software PagePlus X9
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 09:18:57 am »
MaryLou, I made my website with Sharepoint Designer 2007 from Microsoft. Is Page Plus the same "thing"? A program for websites with no need for learning how to code?

I hope you understand LOLL

Offline SherylC

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 12:48:37 pm »
Thanks for the link San. It's the same price as Amazon apart from a few pence.

I used Publisher a lot when I trained in Holistic Therapies...created my flyers, newsletters and notices but that was years ago. I've used it a few times since then but not much. I'm looking forward to learning PagePlus.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 11:24:47 pm »
Majse, I can't speak for the program you use as I've never heard of it.  I do know with PagePlus, you just put stuff where you want it and save it as an html file.  There is no need to know a single speck of html coding.   I do a 16 page newsletter each month and it's done 100% in PagePlus.  I do all the formatting and graphics and design but someone else gets the park news and gives it to me because I said it's too much to expect one person to do it all.  So, she gets the birthdays, anniversaries, events, etc and I do the puzzles, recipes, jokes, graphics, design, and final publishing.  I created a template so it doesn't take very long.

You might want to give it a try.  There are already some projects where we started working on it before. Go through the past projects and you'll be right where we left off.

Offline Majse

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2017, 12:12:47 am »
Thanks ML

Maybe I should LOLL. But I was with Frontpage 2003 og later in 2007 Sharepoint Designer. So I don't know how to publish my website with any other programs

2007 is a long time ago and I don't know if it will be supported anymore or even keep working with windows  :blackcat:

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 10:38:48 pm »
That's what I"m going to teach you guys - how to create  a web site and put it on the internet.   :elmo:

Offline Majse

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 12:34:50 am »
UUUUH I am tempted  :bouncy:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 01:58:45 am »
Go for it, Majse!  :floozie1:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 12:11:25 pm »
Just downloaded it and had a play around. It's a neat programme.

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 09:42:14 pm »
Eventually, probably sometime next year, it will be replaced with Affinity Publisher but in the meantime, it's good to learn the tools one needs, etc.  I may not even go for the new version because the current one does every single thing I want it to do , and more.

Offline Majse

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 09:18:44 am »
Ha Ha Grethe  :laugh8:

Offline Lin

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 01:28:05 pm »
Is this what you are looking for TeeJay ??  http://bw-forums.com/enchanted/art/art.html obsolete site but it still works to see lol you can look at page source lol ML probably can give you easier way.. this was from another web page lesson giver lol

Offline Lin

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 02:02:45 pm »
ML, I could use a brush up on coding.. it's been a few years and I have a cruddy short term memory.. or would it be long term by now rofl..  never did have a good memory, if I don't do things all the time, i forget how :( always been that way so can't blame it on old age.. lol 
I use front page 2003 but will download the other one and learn it lol 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 02:53:07 pm »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A BEAUT ART GALLERY...OOPS  caps on sorry...
but you are so very talented  yes yes that sort of thing ...i have no idea if this is possible but if you can imagine a magic tree with windows and doors in the trunk...if you click on a window  one of my fae images pops up  or a cave and dragons pop up if you click a stalagnight...you get the drift
a page of works in progress so folks see the steps i take to make something ..(this is if folks are intereste)lol  maybe there would be only me and my kids i drag and make look at my website
sort of an interactive wonder webland.

shhhhhhhh dont tell  its a secret....lol

Offline Lin

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 04:34:37 pm »
shhhhh.. lol  and I have no clue how you would do that lol but sounds fun!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 12:01:39 am »
that scratchboard man ...did you use  different tools to get the different textures and i am gobsmacked at line drawing of girl with thing on her head that is soooooooooo beautiful.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)