Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Serif Software PagePlus X9  (Read 606 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Serif Software PagePlus X9
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 12:20:06 pm »
Lin, we are going to be using PagePlus to create our web pages, then use FileZilla to upload the site to the server.

Teejay, you can make a pretty background just like that for your web site.  Set it up as a Master page, then you just put what you want on each individual page.  To make a popup page with another image, you just create another HTML page and a thumbnail, when you click on the thumb, up pops the full size image.  You can do all of this without ANY coding.  As much as I like coding my own pages, I have learned that PagePlus does an awesome job and it makes it exactly the way I want it.    All you need is PagePlus, FileZilla (which is free), and some web space. 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 01:34:17 pm »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i understood what you just said ML i did i did i UNDERSTOOD ...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwww

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »
LOL!!!!  Teejay, you can see how easy it is now.  You can make your master pages however you want them then just go crazy adding things to them!!   Love it when I can understand something that didn't quite light up in the past!

Offline SherylC

!
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 12:53:10 pm »
MaryLou...I meant to say that in Las Vegas we paid tax of $52 per night's hotel stay....a staggering $370 for the week just in tax. How did they get away with imposing this charge.....gees! lol

The charge was meant to cover faxes and telephone calls, which seems to be set up for business people who can claim it back on expenses. They weren't of interest to us whatsoever. We didn't even get a Newspaper. I think that calls for a refund!  :elmo:

That's one thing with every new Serif programme it will be in a similar vein as the previous one...that's good as it makes it easier to pick up.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 01:33:13 pm »
i think i will make a very bsic master page and try this out .
i will have a go and see what i get teeeheehee hold onto your hats ...lol

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2017, 09:12:36 am »
Wow!!!  Sheryl, that's TERRIBLE!!!  I just looked it up and it's  called a "resort tax".   They do not have to tell you about the tax when you book your hotel either.  Included in the tax is another 13.38% sales tax!  Not all hotels charge the resort tax though.    There's a list of them HERE .   That is just shocking!!

This is something new since the last time I was there. We usually stayed at the Residence Inn which does not charge the resort tax.  They have the greatest rooms.  Two stories with 2 bedrooms, two bathrooms, living area and a kitchenette.  They are more like a little apartment.  They also have a free breakfast, free swimming pool, and are very family oriented.

The most expensive resort tax is charged in Florida.  They have several that charge $100 resort tax.  I call this extortion!!  I hope you didn't leave a tip for the maid!   I was reading that many people who are hit with the tax get their credit card company to reverse it because they did not use any of the services and did not get any value for the extra money.  I'm still shaking my head!!  Some hotels are now charging an extra $10 to use their parking lot!  They aren't going to let you get out of their town without sucking out every penny they can get!!  I think you got robbed!!

Offline Lin

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 08:26:24 am »
nope same tool but I sure don't remember what it was lol   and thank you TeeJay :) 

Offline SherylC

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 01:32:12 am »
It's outrageous MaryLou. I don't know how they got away with that one but in the unlikely event tourism drops (and it may do in time) then maybe they'll remove that tax. It's downright crazy. :elmo:
Actually when we were in LV, no end of taxi drivers told us how quiet it was. To us it was super busy but I guess the best people to know this would be the taxi drivers. Maybe Las Vegas is already feeling the effects of what the heavy levi is having on tourism.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)