Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: videos with cc -Teejay  (Read 100 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

videos with cc -Teejay
« on: September 26, 2017, 12:33:12 pm »
I have been trying this for months...and...

i think i have found a way to give  some videos closed captions (cc)

would someone try  and see if they can view the past video we did on shading  on this link....if you can see it ...does it have cc...

holding my breath over here ......     CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Offline MaryLou

Re: videos with cc -Teejay
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:10:42 pm »
Yep, this one has the CC option!!   However, I'm confused.  It has your name on it but a guy's voice?  The CC will come in handy for those who you can't understand, providing the video has it.  I main problem I have with the videos is, they move the cursor so fast you can't always tell what they are doing.

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:51:25 pm »
i had to download the original video  then upload it and in  my you tube library  i edited it to add cc   ...i think that is what i did...lol

i know joy found this video very difficult to fathom without sound so i made a big effort to try and do it....and i did yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw

thanks ML for checking.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 03:32:49 pm »
OH!  That sounds interesting!!!  I was beginning to worry about you!!!  I mean, that was your name on it but it was not your voice!!    It should be mandatory that all instructional videos have CC for the hearing impaired.   :floozie1: :floozie1:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 06:25:12 am »
Well done Teejay.   :praise52:  CC is going to make such a difference even for non hearing-impaired.  As MaryLou said it's difficult to see where the cursors are as they move along too quickly.

Good to have it in writing! lol

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:28:21 pm »
Well thought out Teejay I would never have thought of that.  I agree all videos should have cc on them .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)