Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: export persona - Teejay  (Read 319 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

export persona - Teejay
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:48:25 pm »
Is any one using or has used the export persona
there are a group of lessons on it  (serif videos )

it looks interesting but i cant wrap my head around it ..i think i have it then i loose the plot.  lol

i thought i would try and understand it before i post BUT
i think i may learn more along side  you
so that 'might' be the next up...what dya think...  scare-dy cats,,,, :hal22: :laugh8: :lol02: :hal11: :hal07: :laugh2: :tj1:

Offline MaryLou

Re: export persona - Teejay
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:45:37 pm »
Not me.  Never found a reason to want to use the Export Persona.  You can do virtually everthing you can with File\Export.  The options when you  click the More button are the same export settings you get on the Persona screen.   I just want to save it and get it over with!  :elmo: :elmo:

Offline Lin

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:25:45 pm »
I'm with MaryLou lol  leaving now lol

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 09:59:56 am »
Not for me,  Teejay. Thanks for posting about the lessons though.  There's more I need to learn about AD. AP & PP. 

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 10:40:56 am »
I looked there once and said, hmmm interesting and left!  I would be interested in looking at the lessons just to see what slicing is!  :hal07:

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 10:50:50 am »
ahhhh i can help you there our warpy.. ... i think ... :laugh8:
 if you had a flat single image like a photo you can make selections   (shapes) ..these are called slices in export persona ... and you can  export as many or as few all at once  to a chosen file ...i did this  i sliced up 14 piece and exported  to see what it was all about
i will gladly give you the links to the videos ...

https://vimeo.com/107566386

when you follow this link look to the right on the list there are two or three that follow on
my advice is to take short little nibbles of knowledge and let it soak in....

i will be playing in there too... i like it  cos i think it will be useful to be able to save  grouped layers
save multiple and and never have to go into the File export.    ...and..more ...i think ...

Offline SherylC

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:31 am »
Yes, that's it. I remember using PI to create my very first webpage, donkeys ears ago!  All the images had to be sliced into sections before uploading, this is to keep the file sizes down. PI or most graphic programmes are not the best for creating webpages in my experience. Slicing is not difficult but it time consuming as it means performing extra steps to get it done.   

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 12:52:03 pm »
I had a look at it once and wondered what I would use it for as normal I got confused.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »
I never make images so large that they need to be sliced! At one time, the web making programs would take large graphics and chop them up to make things load faster but I don't think they do that anymore.  I don't want my vectors sliced, I like them just as they are.  Maybe for professionals that could be useful though.  Teejay, we'll let you investigate and report your findings.  :elmo: :elmo:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 03:37:05 pm »
Thanks Teejay!  I will check out the videos, curiosity ya know!   :hal14: :hal11:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 04:44:00 pm »
Lord y'all younguns and your curiosity.... :laugh8:
This sounds just like something I will maybe peek at but probably would never have a need for.  Thanks for trying to help us keep our gray matter stirred up tee...you're the best!  :lol02:

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 12:15:01 am »
before you come  for me with the pitch forks   ....
just imagine  making a halloween image you have a  haunted house grouped
a witch grouped
bats flying grouped   a tree grouped 
and it looks lovely
now
you want to save the whole image but also each item  the house witch bats and tree individually
you would go
file/export/  then  save without background 
give it a name and click ok
FOR EACH ITEM...

it seems in export persona (i think )
i can click on each grouped layer in the layers pallet   and check the ones i want to save
i think if i have named the group it will save with that name or i can input it in the layers or let ad automatically number my sliced layer saves
click  and they are all saved without background and not the whole page.

i believe that would be quicker  than the File export way. :hal00:

:lol02:  now am off with a head start....

Offline SherylC

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 01:21:41 am »
Sounds good Teejay. If I didn't have my hands full right now, I'd join in with the fun! lol

Offline Lin

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 08:09:55 am »
hmmm I just save the AD image and if I need parts just go in and copy that part and save it... usually as a png, just did that with one of my bats cause I wanted to use it as a page background.. only took a few seconds.. lol
and my hands are over full right now.. lol I have two mentees that are hand holders lol severe hand holders.. rofl.. one e mails me at least 4 times for most Projects, the other IM's me about a million times for every Project..  plus the other mentees and hosting and keeping up with some PSP lessons I'm doing and trying to fit in time for AD and making some tour pages and maybe bowling myself.. lol  OH YEAH and cleaning out boxes of packed stuff.. ugh.. lol

and... I know you didn't want to know all that, but I said it anyway...  :laugh8: :hal22:

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 09:23:32 am »
so i take it you cant bl1ddy wait and you want triple lessons...

to be honest it is a bit much for me at the moment i just wanted to know i wasnt missing something that someone was DYING to get to know   teehee

so now that i know there is no one out there wanting this ...your all of the hook ....for now...:tj1:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)