Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Webpage - SherylC  (Read 343 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

Webpage - SherylC
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:38:34 am »
Still working on a website using PagePlus. Though there is a lot of work still to do, I would welcome any comments. I've just added my Mystic Mountain painting to the site and will be adding pages dedicated to AP and AD images soon.   

www.sheryls-place.co.uk

Offline Linda R

Re: Webpage - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:58:26 am »
Checked your site out and I love your artwork!  You are so talented!!!  Your Mystic Mountain is beautiful!!  Is it supposed to say 2018?   :praise62: :praise36:

Offline Lynn

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:13 am »
 :praise74: Your Website is  :praise09: and I enjoyed looking at the paintings you have placed on display.  :praise46:

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:11:28 pm »
Thanks for taking a look Linda, I really appreciate it and so glad you like my Mystic Mountain painting. It's one of Karen Bonakers tutorials. Yes the date is right but I will change it to V2018, thanks for the spot.  :clap2:  I noticed that the text on the Muddy Puddles image is back to front....no idea how that happened but that's something I  need to change too.

Lynn, I appreciate you popping over, thank you so much for your very positive comments. :)

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 04:12:39 pm »
Well done, Sheryl!  All the buttons work as they should and it's all very pleasing to the eye.  I was curious too about why the one photo is dated 2018.  I must have been asleep for a few months or so! :laugh2:    :praise65: :praise62:

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 08:02:44 am »
Thank you MaryLou. Yes, it was an oversight on my part not clarifying the date! lol I've amended it now.

What I have forgotten to do is  update my website url with the new one on the wallet pdf tutorial.

I could do with hibernating for a few months, well up to Xmas at least! lol

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 08:34:13 am »
so  you painted your gorgeous mountains in coral ...and the corel version is called 2018

cos it looks like you painted it next year...  lol... if you dont have corel you wouldnt know that is whats going on

i like that you paint ahead of time thats what i call being prepared.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 08:43:46 am »
That's true Teejay, it wouldn't make much sense. I've amended it now to Corel Painter V2018.  Thanks for looking. :)

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 11:39:59 am »
i love that swingy girl on your forst page your eyes go to it straight away...  in fact its really easy to navigate too... awesome. :blackcat:

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 08:26:19 am »
Thanks Teejay. I need to adjust the text on the muddy puddles painting as it has reversed somewhere along the line. Should read I love Muddy Puddles but instead it's gobbldyGeek!! lol

Need to do more with the webstite yet though. How are you getting on?

Offline Teejay

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 08:53:00 am »
I am slow at it... I am loving making all my bits and bobs to try and get it out of my head and into the web...i
It is so exiting ..if i am not making stuff i am planning stuff to do and make in my head. 
Sorry for wittering on... :laugh2:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 09:04:12 am »
I am slow at it... I am loving making all my bits and bobs to try and get it out of my head and into the web...i
It is so exiting ..if i am not making stuff i am planning stuff to do and make in my head. 
Sorry for wittering on... :laugh2:
OOOh!! That sounds so very familiar. Slow here too, dreaming on how and what and what not to include...... :lol02:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 09:08:41 am »
Shez, you are really on your way to make a nice web-site.  :clap2: :clap2:
If I may say so, I really would like to see your piece of art a little larger, if possible. Details get lost.

And the links isn't working for me, Domain Does not Exist they say

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 10:50:27 am »
I know what you mean Teejay, I still don't have a theme really but trying to get going.  I meant to say the Girl on the Swing was painted in AD.

Thanks Grethe. I tried the links and all are working fine, sheryls-place.co.uk.  Perhaps you used my other site, sheryls-place.com? That one isn't hosted at the moment. Oh I can see the link to the AD Wallet tutorial Glass Styles zip needs updating...all fixed now.

I've just enlarged all my images slightly. Thanks for the interest. :)

Offline Grethe

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 11:52:51 am »

Thanks Grethe. I tried the links and all are working fine, sheryls-place.co.uk.  Perhaps you used my other site, sheryls-place.com? That one isn't hosted at the moment.

I've just enlarged all my images slightly. Thanks for the interest. :)
First, I used the link you provided in your post.
Ok, I'll try to explain what links are not working. You wrote *Art* in the first sentence, and in the last sentence you link *here*, they don't work. The links on the right side work fine!
For the sizes. To me they are more like tumbs to click on, and to make justice to your lovely pieces of art, you should show them larger, at least large as the Mystic Mountain. You are very talented, Shez, you should show larger images! :flowersmile:

BTW the Stylish wallet link isn't working either....sorry.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)