Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Webpage - SherylC  (Read 345 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re: Webpage - SherylC
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 07:36:18 pm »
Be careful not to make large images.  Not everyone has fast internet or a fast computer.  It's better to make thumbnails that bring up the full size when you click on it.  Will let your pages load really fast that way and your visitors get the full view of your work.  Of course, this makes it easier to steal so.. it's a toss-up! :elmo:

Offline SherylCTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 01:03:32 am »
Oh I'll take a look at those hyperlinks, thank you Grethe.  I've changed the url on the wallet tutorial and my Glass Styles are downloadable now too.  It's coming together slowly but surely.

I've enlarged the images on my webpages but probably won't make them clickable to view larger files as I usually place copies of on my Facebook page.  Might change my mind at a later date though, won't be the first time!  :elmo:

MaryLou, copyright fraud is a huge issue. Not sure my work is good enough for anyone to want to steal but it's the principle and will try hard to avoid it as we all do.  It's a tough one though!

I have thumbs on my main site (sheryls-place.com) which are clickable to larger images but generally speaking I don't feel making larger images available is a good idea unless selling in which case, buyers want to see high res images.   That site isn't currently hosted anyway as it needs a lot of work first. The majority of my paintings are high res as I tend to print them.

Thank you both. :)

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 02:03:26 am »
I've just added some free Christmas Wrap Styles on my download page if anyone would like a set.

http://www.sheryls-place.co.uk/download.html

Offline Teejay

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 02:12:29 am »
oooooooooooohhhhh did  someone say free and styles in the same sentence ...i am your gal 

thanks shez i have just had a look ..they are gorgeous.

mmmmm i havent thought of TOU  ...  i must give that a bit of thought.

neat  place for your downloads ... :clap2:

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 02:35:02 am »
Glad you like them Teejay, thanks. Hope to make more, can't have an almost empty download page! lol

Some people ignore T&C but it is good to have some. You cover yourself if something untoward happens.   

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 02:49:16 am »
gotya ..maybe i will pinch your tou.....    :lol02:  thats funny isnt it

you telling everyone not to steal and i copy your TOU...i wont really ...well not much perhaps  one or two words ... :laugh8:

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 02:54:02 am »
Yes go ahead and use it by all means. I pinched it from MaryLou actually (lol). Well that's not true, ML allowed her coding trainees to use it and I've stuck with it eversince. It's succinct which I like and covers it all!   :lol02:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 03:48:57 am »
 :praise06: web-site, Shez! And thank you much for the tutorial and style and of course the download xmas-things.  :omg: :praise46:

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:11 am »
My pleasure, thanks for taking time to check it out Grethe. :)

Offline San

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 12:41:22 pm »
Sheryl your site is looking  :praise58: so easy to read and get around.   :praise46:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2017, 09:46:46 pm »
Love your site, Sheryl!  Thanks for the downloads too!   I have some Christmas stuff that I should share but maybe I already did.  Will have to check and see.

It would be nice if you guys would all put a link somewhere on your site that goes to this forum - we might build our membership back up again like it used to be.   :blackcat:

Teejay, my copyright info is on the last page on PIRC - you're welcome to copy it.

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 08:12:08 am »
Thanks San and MaryLou.

MaryLou, I was going to ask about a PIRC link but wanted to get a few more pages done before promoting outside of PIRC. i have a few done now so would love to put a link to PIRC. I think you had a PIRC button template which I inserted on my original site but it's not there now, must have removed it along with a few other things. I could always use one of my button templates though.

I've added some Stat counters to all my pages. I put them discreetly under the terms at the bottom of the pages. If you choose invisible tracking I think you have to select a box to receive the stats and I don't want that. I tried changing the html coding so that the counter starts at 100, rather than 1 but it didn't work. I guess there are limits to what you can change. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »
Sheryl, I have a counter on my main page and on my tuts page and both are invisible. You don't need to select a box or anything.  Yours is in a good place.    I don't have a PIRC button anymore - I use a large one at pircnet.com.  Might be a good idea to create one when time allows..

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 09:41:09 am »
Might change mine to invisible...will see how it goes for a while MaryLou. I have a button template so I can just add the PIRC link. Thanks.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 12:26:20 pm »
Sheryl, to make the counter invisible, just edit the script.  Where it says visible="0",  change the zero to a 1.   

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)