Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: webnest - Teejay  (Read 179 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Re: webnest - Teejay
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 03:06:33 pm »
San you got to see it yeaaaa
Mary t it is  :praise62: seeing you here... And i am so thrilled you liked the nest...lol
Warpy...you know me well.   Thanks so much for looking too.  :hal25:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 09:29:49 pm »
OH My goodness!!!!     :praise33: :praise33:  That is so cool!!!!   Perfect place for your dragons!!!  What a beautiful  site!!  You have definitely been doing a ton of work!!

Now... here's the downside.  All of your tutorials take you to the old site which now looks so blah!!!  You need to change the links in all of the tuts so they take you back to the new site.    After going to your tut page, I clicked on one of the tuts and when I hit the back button to go back to your page, that worked but the Home button did not.  I could not get back to your main page.

I would love to see one of your dragons on the main page in that huge blank area - maybe some terrain across the bottom where the sign post is and a big ole dragon sitting on it.  Either that, or a paragraph about you and what you like to do, and the dragon holding the text box.  The first page is too plain - half a page of nothing.  Just my opinion which isn't worth a whole lot but... you did ask!!  :elmo: :elmo:

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 02:06:21 am »
i hear ya about the home page and all that space..
the thing is  all that space is sold ...i have so much going on in my head for it  i cant decide what goes where

the right side is going to have a magic chest/box of freebies   i think
that is the next thing i will do.
and across the top is taken with calendar./wallpaper and links to here and other places (but  looking a bit different than the normal links to other places ..lol)

i also am going to set up an email so i need a link  or button  or something for that.
i dont want to clutter it up  either so...

yep you are right  it needs something.  glad you are likeing it tho
am off to look at the home button now.  Thanks ML   anytime you see anything i am totally grateful for yours and anyones input...

Offline Grethe

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 01:03:48 pm »
Ohdear!  :praise62: :praise09: :praise74: Teejay! It is sooo great, you have done a marvellous work on this! Be proud!!

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 03:33:59 am »
thanks grethe i was having so much trouble  with  trying to host the website in the cloud i have made an account with the same firm as shez..

youcan now find me at ......   drum roll please......    TJS-WebNest.com

Offline SherylC

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 03:38:56 am »
That's great Teejay, I am very impressed with 1&1 especially for 99p per month for the first year and then 4.99 after that.  I did get a call from an agent just to ask if I wanted to upgrade to a bigger plan for the same price 99p per month normally 9.99 but declined as I don't plan on spending 9.99 a month for hosting, well. 12 with vat added.

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 03:44:19 am »
yes i got that same call  yesterday (sunday) he was ready to sell his grandmother....lol  but i declined too.he couldnt understand why i didnt want to use their webmaker... so 25 minutes later after telling him all about weblus pageplus serif affinity designer and pirc ...he said he had to go...teeheehee

it took me a while to find the cpanal proper but  it is so much eeasier than what i have been doing with the cloud
i am going to continue and learn and later i will try the cloud again... but i am once again loving the making of the web pages .
i am starting on the free stuff today....yeeeeeeehaw :laugh8:

Offline Margaret

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 08:50:56 am »
 :wow2: What a magical, breathtaking page Teejay. I could look at it all day! It's beautiful. Oh how I wish I had your talent.  :praise46:  :praise46:  :praise46:

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 09:14:23 am »
you have made my day  magaret you really have  :yehaw:

hey mags you did click on the signpost ... where it said tutorials didnt you...

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 12:38:33 pm »
Margaret, if Teejay is giving talent away, I'm first in line!!!    I too wish I had it! :yes04:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 02:41:52 pm »
OH!!!! Your page is  :praise62: Teejay! You have a lot of talent, you learn easy and you LOVE what you're doing!  :praise52:

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 02:44:32 pm »
You are all nearly as lovely as chocolate.... Abd i thankyou.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 02:49:13 pm »
 :wow2:  You've really been working hard!!  I see you've gone through all of your tuts and added your webnest!  Nice move!!  All very well done, right down to the little favicon dragon that I see next to your link!!   :praise46: :praise46:

This is the beauty of having your own domain name.  You can move your stuff to any other server and not have to change a thing on any of your tuts or web pages, etc.   You only have to change a name server and  no one would even know you changed your host. That's how easy it is.  :thumb3: :thumb3: :thumb3: :thumb3:

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 11:12:44 pm »
 :wow2:  i understood every word of that  :laugh8: :laugh2: :legs: :elmo: :praise52:

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 11:47:27 pm »
Sorry, the website tjswebnest.com cannot be found.
life MUST go on; I forget JUST why.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)