Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New Member Intro - Darra  (Read 47 times)

Offline DarraTopic starter

New Member Intro - Darra
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:09:47 pm »
Hello, all! My name is Darra and I'm new to Affinity Designer but was here when this forum started with PhotoImpact. I switched to a Mac back in 2006 but kept using PI on the "windows side" (< - real technical term, huh?) of my Macs. I occasionally peeked into this forum to see what was happening, but because I wasn't doing much with graphics or photos, I didn't post. So, I'm back. I want to learn and try things with this new program. I will probably purchase Affinity Photo soon, too. I can't guarantee a lot of participation due to other obligations but I will try to contribute once I learn a bit more.

Offline MaryLou

Re: New Member Intro - Darra
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:02:53 pm »
Welcome back, Darra!!   I'm guessing you're Darra Ward?  Remember you from a very long time ago!  Glad you got Affinity Designer and hope to see some of your work posted!!  I love Designer but still go back to good old PI for things that Designer cannot do yet.  It's still brand new so I'm looking forward to see what they add to it in future versions. 

There are some good beginner tutorials at http://pircnet.com and links to other sites that have beginner tuts.  That's a great way to get started.   I also  have Affinity Photo but just don't have time to learn two programs at the same time!

Don't be a stranger!!! :cancan: :cancan:

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 02:17:33 pm »
Hi Darra I still remember you from the old days with PI but I am glad you are going to learn  A D it is a great program and I love learning it and I think in a few years it will have everything you want in it.
Also try the tutorials on the Welcome panel they are great to start with.  When you are in trouble someone always seems to have the answer.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 11:24:09 pm »
A warm we!come to you darra... I wasnt around when you were all jnto pi.... But am looking forward to getting to know you. :smiley01:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 03:14:31 am »
Welcome aboard Darra. I recall your name and it's good to see you here.

I have AD & AP (to name a few lol) and both are very good programmes.  No need to have bags of time for learning, as you learn as you go, the programmes won't be going anywhere! lol

Offline Grethe

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 12:57:49 pm »
Welcome, Darra! Remember your name! You will love Ad and also AP!  :smiley01:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 05:30:22 pm »
 :hi: Darra!  I've only been here about 5 months so I'm pretty new to AD and I just bought AP too.  It's so much fun to use and learn and it's a great group here! 

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)