Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Note for Lynn  (Read 37 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

Note for Lynn
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:30:41 pm »
Lynn, I see this latest terrible tragedy is in your general vicinity....or at least I think so.  Prayers and thoughts are with the folks affected by this.  I am not sure how we as a people can go on this way much longer.  Do hope you or your family was not among those killed or injured.  I am heartsick over more of this violence!

Offline Lynn

Re: Note for Lynn
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:46:44 pm »
Linda, thank you for your concern. I had not heard about the shootings, so I checked the news. I had never heard of the town involved. I understand it is about 45 miles to the southeast of San Antonio. They say the man involved was found dead, so at least he can't kill anyone else.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »
I've had the Hallmark movies on all day so didn't hear about it until about an hour ago.  How terrible!  This man was obviously deranged. Why didn't someone see that?  People don't just go from being a super nice person to a mad murderer in the blink of an eye.

The story I saw said the shooter was found dead in this truck.  It's not known if it was a self inflicted wound or if the civilian who chased him down shot him. Either way, he won't be killing anyone else, that's for sure.  I'm glad the good guy had a gun, it could have been so much worse.  One of the dead was the preacher's young daughter.    I think this is the second attack in Texas where people are in a place of worship. 

Something needs to be done but no one seems to know what.  Stricter gun laws?  Doubt that would help.  Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country and they also have the highest murder rate with a gun which goes to show, more regulation doesn't help.  More background checking could help but it's not the people with legal guns that are doing these things, it's those with smuggled in and illegal guns.  How do they stop that?

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:32:30 am »
Yes, I heard about this and glad to hear you and your family weren't affected in any way.

just heard on today's news about the shooting that took place in a Texan Church...26 people shot dead from aged 5 plus by a 26 yr old man with a mental health issue. 
Problem is 1/3 plus of the popular suffer with a mental health issue and MH and guns just don't get along.

Offline Margaret

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:02:25 am »
Glad you are not involved Lynn! Latest report says that he killed himself. Thank goodness our Gun Laws are very stringent!! How anyone can take a human life on the spur of the moment is beyond me!! My daughter has to travel to the USA on a regular basis, for work, and I am terrified every time she has to go. She left this morning for Newark and I can't wait to hear that she is safe. Be safe everyone!!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »
I heard that he spent some time in a mental institution!  How could he have passed the background check to even purchase a gun?  Someone is not doing their job and I'm sure the powers that be will find out where we are failing.   

One person said the guy with the gun went up and down the aisles just shooting at everyone.  They were trapped like rats in the pews - no way to get out.  Another source said he had been to the church a few days prior to look it over.   The problem with people like this is, you can't really report them until they actually DO something!

People are just so crazy these days.  I think there must be something in the food we eat!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)