Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Looking for input  (Read 118 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

Looking for input
« on: November 06, 2017, 07:42:48 am »
I am at my wits end here trying to navigate the forum.  Lately, it seems, even getting in is a a real chore....not to mention trying to post anything.  I have cleaned cache, history, etc......changed browsers....checked every security setting I can think of, looked at the firewall settings to make sure it isn't blocked there....read everything I can find about it and still it takes me forever (no, I haven't actually timed it) to do anything at all here.  As I recall it has been this way since we were down for some days a few weeks ago.  It will get ok for a day but then later it reverts back to the lag or sometimes times out before anything happens.  No one else seems to be affected since it has not been mentioned lately and I am beginning to think it is just me.  Getting real paranoid about it.  Can anyone shed any light on what I can do, may do, have been doing, something else I can check?  Please....I really love this forum  :bow:

Offline Lynn

Re: Looking for input
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:55:51 am »
I never know when I click on PIRC whether it is going to load or spin forever. I've gotten to where if it doesn't quickly load then I don't hang around. I try later. PIRC is the only website that I have this problem with.

Offline Linda2Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:25:44 am »
Well, darn....that's what I have been doing too.  So it's not just me then.  I had begun to be paranoid about it...thinking there was something I could do that would clear it up...some setting or some magic wand waving or something....
None of my other sites are having issues either.
Ok, I will just wait it out then.  Thanks for the feedback.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:07:13 am »
i also have founf it so slow today  but now  (its 6 oclock in the evening it is fast and efficient ...)
i do the same as others if it takes too long i keep trying  until it climbs the hill and free drives down the other side.  :bluebiker:

it isnt just you ..i just dont mention it anymore..its part of quirky pircie...

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:36:20 am »
Sometimes I have problems getting on it just spins and spins so I close down and try later.
When it is slow  posting I just close down and try in a few hours.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 12:20:42 pm »
Lynda, same here.  There have been issues trying to get on here for a long time....months in fact and I have mentioned it several times, along with a few others.  I've watched the busy symbol spin for ages just trying to get this response posted.  Like Lynn said it's pot luck whether the pages load or not...in the end I give up and try again another time. It only happens here and it sure is frustrating. 

Offline Linda R

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »
It's like that for me too!  If it doesn't load quickly, I don't wait.  If I do wait and get in, it's too frustrating to try and do anything.  I try later and wait until it's ready!!  It's the only site I have trouble with.   :legs:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 07:04:18 pm »
Same here. Since the last long loss of the site it has not been as smooth as it was

Offline Margaret

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 07:07:54 pm »
Same here!

Offline SherylC

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 12:39:05 pm »
I noticed these problems long before the site went down but they do seem to be getting worse and affecting more of us.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 02:56:04 am »
with you all
still trying to work it at this mo...
life MUST go on; I forget JUST why.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 10:45:37 am »
It's working fast for me today.  I went through and removed a ton of images.  There were 115 pages with 25 per page.  I pared that down to around 50 pages.  I also removed some of the forums that weren't being used, deleted some old logs and did a general cleanup.  That usually helps the board to speed up.

I hope it's working better for you guys now. :smiley01:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 05:53:18 pm »
Mary Lou, the past challenges are gone now.  Is that one you removed or will it be back?  Thanks!

Offline San

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 08:58:35 pm »
I still had problems today got on the first time and it was great tried to get on a couple hours later and had problems again.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 11:46:14 pm »
long time to enter this morning
life MUST go on; I forget JUST why.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)