Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: new light look-Teejay  (Read 43 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

new light look-Teejay
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:48:31 am »
has anyone tried the lighter interface on ad
if you have ...do you like it

i think i like it but i lose my panels  and  i sort of  forget where things are ..i know it sounds stupid but it feels ...different.

Offline MaryLou

Re: new light look-Teejay
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:01:49 am »
Doesn't sound stupid at all!  I am having the same experience.  It looks so foreign!!  I can actually see the buttons now but they look so different!  I"m seeing icons that I don't recall seeing on the dark UI.  Definitely has a different look but I rather like it.

The one thing I wish they had done was create a fixed tab for the files you have loaded in. On the up side, I can now tell which window is active.  It feels familiar, yet strange.  Have to re-train my brain!! :girl1:

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:47 am »
I have looked at it but have not tried it yet.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:30:10 pm »
I've been using a lighter interface since the update Teejay. it suits my eyesight better and I really like it. 

Offline Linda2

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 01:25:28 pm »
I tried it....didn't care for it at all, so a day or so later I changed back and much prefer the darker interface.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 03:07:55 pm »
The light one is ok during the day, but in the evening, it is too bright.  I prefer the dark one most of the time.  But it's nice to have a choice!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:13 am »
Linda, you can adjust the brightness (gamma) to tone it down a bit.  :girl1:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)